Principal Space Electrical Power Subsystem Engineer 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 21, 2019
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact
people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human
discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people
who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join
efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity
and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable
commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are
not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified,
mission oriented Principal Space Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS)
Engineer - 3 located in Redondo Beach, CA, to be part of the team
responsible for the design and delivery of space vehicle electrical
power subsystems with responsibilities including (but not limited)
- Participate in electrical power architecture definition
- Size EPS components including solar array, batteries, and power
subsystem topology selection
- Support design review process for the units as well as
subsystem preliminary and critical design audits and reviews
- Develop EPS software algorithms
- Support subsystem test bed
- Perform EPS analysis that include energy balance, power
quality, and array shadowing/glint
- Work the flow down and management of requirements at the
subsystem level, unit level specs, and algorithm requirements
- Participate in technical trades
- Support requirements verification and vehicle and subsystem
- Work and execute independently with some technical
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance on best
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of
engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree in a STEM
discipline OR a PhD in Electrical Engineering or related technical
discipline in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or
- Ability to obtain SCI, DoD Secret and/or Top Secret Clearance
- Active SSBI clearance
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written
communications skills, leadership skills, and organization
- Power electronics, mixed signal electronics, battery, and/or
solar array design with experience through the entire system
lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test,
launch, to operation support.
- Detailed knowledge of circuit simulation software such as
- Experience with power converter and power quality
- Working knowledge of requirements management, risk management,
subcontract management, hardware procurement, and subsystem to
subsystem critical interfaces.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Los Angeles , Principal Space Electrical Power Subsystem Engineer 3, Engineering , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!