Principal Mechanical Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: West Hollywood
Posted on: August 21, 2019
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's
lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work
preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and
our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold
new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent
the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Principal Engineer
Mechanical to work in Redondo Beach, California.
Responsibilities include performing analysis of thermal fluid
systems, developing system architecture and performing system
analysis, developing requirements, creating supplier procurement
specifications and statements of work.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse
technical teams, and experience with the design, analysis and/or
test of flight hardware is preferred. Excellent interpersonal
skills and teamwork are essential.
- Perform system and component analyses of complex fluid thermal
- Component engineering and testing
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology,
Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and5
years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology,
Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3
years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with aircraft or spacecraft compressible
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
and/oran SCI Clearance
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or Active SCI
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience developing thermal fluid architectures for Air
Vehicle Environmental Control or BipropellantFluid Propulsion
- Experience developing fluid component equipment
- Experience with hardware procurement/supply chain
- Experience as a team lead
- Competent in MATLAB/Simulink, AMESIM or similar analysis
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal
and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Los Angeles , Principal Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , West Hollywood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!