Posted on: June 15, 2019
We are seeking a Controls Engineer (CE) in Monrovia, CA office to
support our Deep Space Network (DSN) Operations and Maintenance
O&M contract with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and NASA.
The DSN Facilities CE's develop innovative technical solutions to
complex problems and make recommendations for improvement to
sustain and support the development of the various assemblies in
the Facilities and Antenna Subsystems serving NASA's Deep Space
Communications Complexes (DSCCs) in Australia, Spain and
The Deep Space Network is NASA's international array of giant radio
antennas that supports interplanetary spacecraft missions, plus a
few that orbit Earth. The DSN also provides radar and radio
astronomy observations that improve our understanding of the solar
system and the larger universe. The antennas of the Deep Space
Network are the indispensable link to explorers venturing beyond
the moon. They provide the crucial connection for commanding our
spacecraft and receiving their never before seen images and
scientific information on Earth, propelling our understanding of
the universe, our solar system and ultimately, our place within
What you'll do...
- Oversee all aspects of design, preventive maintenance,
troubleshooting, repair and installation of controls equipment for
the DSN facilities and antennas
- Perform a wide variety of difficult and highly complex
engineering, design, analysis, or other technical tasks utilizing
current technology and available standards, templates and cataloged
- Provide engineering support to facilities systems; driving
upgrade projects from concept to completion, as required for
continuous improvement of the facilities systems to ensure that
support and services of the department meet the highest quality of
standards, safety and performance
- Closely work with the Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical, Fiber
Optic and Fire Protection project design team members
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
are observed for all work completed.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design
parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are
implemented accurately and within budget.
- Coordinate design elements with other design disciplines
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Commission customized products and systems onsite and at
customer facilities ensure working as designed
- Able to document, report and generate user manuals,
installation procedures, test procedures, etc.
You'd be a great fit if...
- You have a Bachelors degree from an ABET accredited institution
in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or
related discipline and have 2+ years of related field
- You have 2+ years of demonstrated experience with
electro-mechanical components (actuators, AC/DC motors, VFD or VSD,
- You Have 2+ years of experience with serial and parallel
communication protocols (I2C, Modbus, CAN bus, BACnet)
- You have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and
working knowledge of latest Windows operating system.
- Are able to obtain a trusted background check and pass a
National Criminal Information Check (NCIC). In order to obtain a
clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
- 10% of d omestic and international travel to Deep Space
Communications Complexes (DSCCs), may be required.
You'd be even better if you...
- You have a Masters' Degree.
- Have a Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification or Professional
Engineering (PE) License.
- Have a Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification
- Have a basic understanding of non-linear electrical/electronic
components (transistors, diodes, AC-DC/DC-AC
- Have a basic understanding of project/task management
- Able to multi-task, adapt to change quickly, are an analytical
thinker and are detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Are bilingual, the ability to speak and write Spanish is a
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching.
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Company-paid infertility treatments.
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to i nfluence major initiatives .
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Los Angeles , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Monrovia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!