Engineer, Reference Data
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Ref #: 25125
Functional Area: Technology
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Newport Beach
Department: TECH-Core Data and Tech
Date published: 27-Dec-2018
PIMCO is one of the world s premier fixed income investment managers with more than 2,200 professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO is a data intensive business operating at the petabyte scale. We gather market and economic data from around the globe which is consumed by out quantitative analysts and portfolio managers to generate insights which, in turn, support the investment process. We have everything from data acquisition, polyglot stores, enterprise data services, data access through to data consumers (BI, data science, trading and risk platforms).The combination of these platforms are used by our business users every day
Reference data like Instruments, Issuers, Indices and Classifications, underpins all our technology and analytical systems. At the Reference Data team we provide the platform which enables the business to acquire, master, steward and publish reference data to the rest of the firm and support evolving business needs and transforming technology landscape.
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer join our team and help us to deliver the next generation of our reference data platform.
* You would design, architect and implement PIMCO s reference data platform.
* Provide technical leadership in the area of Master Data Management (MDM) best practices
* Develop reusable architecture assets as they pertain to data acquisition, data mastering, data distribution and warehousing
* Work in close collaboration with the business and evolve the reference data platform to meet changing business needs
* Work with external data and product vendors to expand the data universe/MDM product capabilities
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
* 4+ years of industry experience in data engineering, data modeling, data science or related discipline
* 2+ years of experience working on MDM platforms (like Informatica, Markit-EDM etc.)
* Proven expertise of Master Data Management concepts
* Track record of enabling business outcomes through delivery of MDM solutions
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and logical reasoning skills
* Documentation of software architecture and data models using UML standards
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams.
* Understanding of relational database concepts and expertise in SQL
* MDM Certification (e.g. IHS Markit or Informatica MDM certification)
* Previous experience working in Asset Management industry and familiarity with the application ecosystem of such firms.
* Familiarity with the financial instruments (equities, fixed income and derivative instruments), their core data structure and valuations.
* Thought leadership in the field of Master Data Management
* Track record of leadership/management/mentoring of a team of engineers.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: PIMCO, Los Angeles , Engineer, Reference Data, Engineering , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!