Automation Engineer II
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 12, 2024
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
Works as part of the team to partner with manufacturing in
troubleshooting the automated control processes. Contribute to the
successful implementation of system improvement projects and guides
improvements around manufacturing KFA (main focus areas) goals
including people/safety, quality/regulatory/compliance, customer,
financials, and operational excellence. Mentor and guide
manufacturing staff on the fractionation and purification processes
around the process.
This is a 24/7 operation and you will need to be available and able
to work on any shift.
How you will contribute:
- Implements systems to improve manufacturing KFAs by building a
partnership with floor leadership. Drive value added results for
the business by identifying improvement opportunities from the
metrics and implementing them on a. If metrics do not exist,
implement meaningful metrics for the business in a close
partnership with floor leadership.
- Perform user interventions (UI) to ensure that the
manufacturing process maintains a flow. Implement sustainable
system to reduce UI occurrence and re-occurrence.
- Create, updates, and maintains manufacturing SOPs to ensure
that they are in-line with the current process steps. Periodically
audits manufacturing SOPs and revises them to maintain a rigid
connection between control system actions and manual
- Solve automation system and manufacturing equipment issues that
result in production delays, coordinates and contacts support
groups for assistance. This support will include DeltaV, EBM, PLC,
EBR, BAS, process, equipment, and instrumentation.
- Participate in the execution of Project Record (PR) ownership,
DeltaV/EBM/PLC/BAS configuration changes, functional tests,
Commissioning Plans, and Qualification Protocols.
- Learn EBM and DeltaV control systems and assist the team in
daily manufacturing operations, troubleshooting, and change
recommendations. Implements actions to prevent reoccurrence - this
includes process and equipment issues.
- Lead and close small process improvement projects that relate
to DeltaV/EBM/PLC/BAS, manufacturing process, manufacturing
equipment, and the operator interaction with the automation
- Train the manufacturing operators on the interaction between
manufacturing process and automation.
- Own and close corrective actions related to the automation
system; this includes Corrective Action & Preventative Action
(CAPA) that are generated due to user interventions and
- Owns system(s) in the fractionation and purification process
and provides expert feedback for change notices, user
interventions, and non-conformance investigations.
- Lead/facilitate Kaizen/DDFP activities to identify, correct,
and improve manufacturing operations.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Ability to lead teams without direct reporting structure.
Influential leadership skill set is a must.
- Elevate issues up when needed.
- Improve and benchmark from best practices.
- Mentor/coach/direct manufacturing team with minimal
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Solve routine design, process, and engineering problems with
- Work on any shift required to accommodate the business
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline required. Chemical,
Mechanical, Electrical Engineering Degree Preferred. 2+ years of
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary
work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Will work in controlled environments requiring special gowning.
Will follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over
the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial
fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold and wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- Required to spend 50% of work time in the manufacturing
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As
a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing
facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the
product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Base Salary Range: $64,400 to $92,000. Employees may also be
eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees
are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays,
Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid
Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account
several factors including location, skills, education, and
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - CA - Los Angeles
Keywords: Takeda, Los Angeles , Automation Engineer II, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!