Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 21, 2023
About LunchboxWe are a group of passionate developers dedicated
to creating the next generation of online games.Job
DescriptionLunchbox Entertainment is looking for an experienced
Gaming Backend Engineer to join our team developing a custom
in-house multiplayer backend platform to support our upcoming MOBA
project. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the exploration and analysis of functional and business
- Collaborate in the design of new features for implementation in
the existing platform
- Develop modifications and additions to the backend platform
codebase. This includes but is not limited to: APIs, Services, Data
Schemas, Web Dashboards and User Interfaces.
- Change and enhance the game code to enable and maintain
integration points with the backend platform.
- Write code that queries and writes data to and from relational
databases, message queues and in memory caches.
- Diagnose and resolve issues and bug tickets.
- Build unit tests, error and debug logs, monitoring, metrics and
analytics tools as well as design and technical documentation.
- Collaborate with QA and Unity Developers by participating in
playtests and working sessions aimed at reproducing and diagnosing
bugs and issues.
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers in the design and
implementation of infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines to support the
deployment, execution and monitoring of the backend platform and
its associated services.
- Work alongside third party vendors and external service
providers to support the ongoing interoperability between our
backend platform and external systems such as: matchmaking, server
fleet management and cloud infrastructure, among others.
- Participate in supporting the ongoing live execution of the
platform and during internal playtests, beta testing and production
releases. What you'll get to do
- Build a custom globally accessible multiplayer platform
expected to be accessed by a high numbers of concurrent
- Play a role in defining the next generation of responsible
free-to-play social games.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team made up of experts from
gaming as well as other industries from across the world.
- Participate from the early stages throughout the entirety of a
new platform's lifecycle.What We're Looking For
- Passion for technology and video games
- Familiarity developing server side cloud applications in a
- Working knowledge about communicating applications via diverse
mechanisms such as RPCs, REST APIs, Message Queues, etc.
- Experience working with strongly typed, object oriented
programming languages and related code analysis tools.
- A history developing multiplayer gaming platforms in one or
more of the following areas: MatchmakingAnalytics, Inventory
Management, Player Accounts, Authentication, Social Features,
Competitive Gameplay, Admin DashboardsScalabilityNice to Have
- Prior experience with Kotlin
- Understanding of gRPC
- Experience working with AWS
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience working in Unity
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience working with Mirror networking$80,000 - $160,000 a
Keywords: Sfermion, Los Angeles , Senior Backend Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!