Company: JBA International
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Summary: The Database Engineer, Senior will work closely
with the engineering team members to design, develop and enhance
Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL database solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong SQL, experience writing, tuning queries based on
application requirements and performing debugging on database
scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Highly skilled problem-solver and communicator that is fluent
in most data manipulation languages.
- Design and code a high volume of SQL Queries, stored
procedures, and SSIS packages
- Actively participate as part of matrixed product development
teams providing advice on design and tuning of database objects,
queries, and overall data architecture.
- Use of tools and utilities to monitor, load and unload data,
generate, and edit test data
- Effectively plan and organize daily work following priorities,
ensuring timely completion of projects and user support
- Work with the different Technology and business team members to
ensure that the associated compute resources are allocated to the
databases and to ensure high availability and optimum
- Provide trend analysis to the service management team to enable
them to make informed decisions regarding resource
- Develops a continually growing knowledge of Company's internal
business practices, processes and the daily IT operational needs of
- Provide query and performance expertise in support of code
- Monitor long running transactions and optimize query executions
with index tuning and optimized T-SQL coding technique
- Problem escalation to development team and third parties as
- Implementation and release of database changes as submitted by
the development team
- Documenting technical environments and processes as
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and
- Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality and
timeliness of work.
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally,
politely and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a
reasonable, timely manner.
- Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and
information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas
to contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Support and meet company/department goals and core
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- In-depth SQL knowledge is required, including advanced tuning
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with clustering and log shipping.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to share ideas and
work well in small teams.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business,
or the equivalent is preferred and5 plus years of database
development experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SSISis
- Knowledge of other programming languages is a plus.
Keywords: JBA International, Los Angeles , Database Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!