Company: Lee Spring
Location: Santa Fe Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Lee Spring is seeking Design Engineer to join our Santa Fe
Springs, CA team.
About us:Lee Spring manufactures and distributes mechanical
springs, wire forms, stampings and fourslide parts worldwide. We
offer an extensive product line of more than 25,000 inventoried
products in a variety of materials available in stock and ready to
ship today. In addition, we also manufacture springs made to
customer specifications. Lee Spring is the premier global source
for stock catalog and custom designed mechanical springs and
Founded by Robert Lee Johannsen in 1918, Lee Spring began in
Brooklyn New York and our Global Headquarters are still based in
Brooklyn today. Through the years, we have expanded with additional
strategic locations throughout the United States, Europe, Latin
America and Asia. We are well known for our extensive and
comprehensive catalog of stock springs that have been used by
engineers, professionals and buyers for decades. Beyond the
catalog, we have considerable custom spring capabilities, personnel
and a proficiency that comes with our many years within the
The primary function of the Design Engineer is to perform design
analysis of new and existing product designs, develop costs and
corresponding price quotations to provide to customers, and offer
engineering support throughout all stages of the design
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with our existing Sales organization, both
internal and external.
- Assist customer prospects in the development of new product
- Provide engineering services to customer prospects so that new
projects can progress through the prototyping, testing, and
- Design our products in accordance with customer
- Perform design analysis of new and existing designs.
- Develop BOM (Bill of Materials) and corresponding costs.
- Work with customers to refine designs and provide
cost-effective manufacturing solutions.
- Work with the Production System in order to develop and
optimize manufacturing methods and profitability, both in relation
to customer prospects and current customers.
- Maintain relationships with specific customer accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from the initial design stages
through order delivery.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate and problem solve
- Perform additional tasks as determined by the company.
- Degree in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering or related
- 3-5 years minimum experience in varied engineering and sales
- 2D or 3D CAD experience
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to work additional hours including nights and
weekends (on a case-by-case basis as deemed necessary)
Lee Spring Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we also comply with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and
We offer a generous benefits package, which includes
-Medical Insurance-Dental-Vision-Short & Long Term
Disability-Cancer Coverage-Accident Coverage-Life Insurance-Paid
Time Off-Vacation Days-10 Paid Holidays- 401k Plan- And many
Keywords: Lee Spring, Los Angeles , Design Engineer, Engineering , Santa Fe Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!