Supplier Development Engineer
Company: Ensign-Bickford Industries
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This opportunity is located within our Ensign-Bickford Aerospace
& Defense Company business, a global leader of mission-critical
hardware and systems solutions including precision energetics
systems and innovative explosive solutions.Job DescriptionEBAD
seeks aSupplier Development Engineerreporting to the Director of
Quality in our Moorpark, CaResponsibilities:
- Establish QA/QC tools for measuring supplier performance that
affect our products and services.
- Issue formal supplier corrective actions (SCARs) and work with
them to resolve problems.
- Issue internal and supplier Corrective and Preventative Actions
- Provides advice and guidance in interpreting and adapting
quality standards and government regulations.
- Analyzes design reliability and quality to recommend process
changes and enhancements.
- Analyze data effectively, summarize results, create reports,
and use visual tools effectively.
- Track action plans from supplier audits and assessments and
monitor their activity for completion and correctness on a daily
- Leads quality in production activities: Factory materials,
process, assemblies, products, and field failures (RMA).
- Track and maintain Supplier Performance for assigned
- Perform Supplier Audit
- Recommend/ Approve Suppliers for ASL
- Measure and improve supplier defect rates
- Use quality tools metrics and data to identify and drive
Quality projects for Suppliers resulting in overall improvement of
- Defines and maintains sampling and reaction plans for incoming
products based on actual supplier quality performance
- Work with EBAD receiving inspection to identify and improve
systemic supplier issues for acceptance of hardware.
- Design for manufacturability assessments for BTP drawings
- Specification review for supplier manufacturing/process control
- AS or BS degree in engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Assurance experience.
- Supplier Quality Assurance experience with knowledge of
IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001
- Understanding of, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing
practices, Problem Solving Skills and in depth understanding
ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Strong skills in MS Windows - Excel, Word and Power-point.
Familiar with and able to work in MS Project.
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal
- Experienced in working as a part of independent product teams
is a must.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%.Ensign-Bickford Aerospace &
Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic
information, national origin, or veteran status.
Keywords: Ensign-Bickford Industries, Los Angeles , Supplier Development Engineer, Engineering , Moorpark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!