Aerospace - Project Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are recruiting for our client in the Los Angeles, CA area is
looking for a Project Engineer III. **This is a Direct Hire
position.What You Will Do:The primary objective for the Project
Engineer III position is to provide technical leadership of New
Product Development programs with the internal IPDT (Integrated
Product Development Team and external customer. The IPDT may
require the candidate to lead small (5-15 person) or multiple
engineering teams, typically co-located.
- Will use knowledge of engineering discipline, processes, and
tools in order to develop and maintain an overall project Master
Schedule aligned with customer milestones.
- Develop project subtasks to drive the internal IPDT to ensure
designs are compliant to customer technical requirements and
- Responsible to prepare, review, approve, and ensure the
completion of: engineering drawings (internal manufacturing and
customer drawings), engineering documentation to support
Qualification/Certification efforts (i.e. ATP, QTPs, etc.), and
engineering analysis to support Qualification/Certification efforts
(produced by self or providing technical guidance to supporting
engineers); including but not limited to: stress analysis, pressure
drop analysis, thermal analysis. Under general supervision, must be
able to perform a variety of job duties including, but not limited
- Technical Proposals
- Preliminary to Detailed Design of customer Line Replacement
- Development Part Fabrication Technical Support
- Qualification / Certification testing thru Entry-into-Service
- Conducting project status and process presentations for
leadership and external customers.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers to ensure product and
- Identify and propose technical improvements to designs and
methodologies to enhance efficiency and/or effectiveness related to
projects or processes.
- Ensure timely information flow among the IPDT to ensure timely
completion of project tasks.
- Interact with customers (internally and externally) and also
use influence skills with the customer to mitigate major program
risks, and to negotiate change of project scope or Master
- Support manufacturing team during the Product Development Phase
(i.e. initial design for manufacturability and redesigns, as
required during the development phase).
- Recognized as an emerging authority within the leadership team
in current position. Basics:
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering. M.S.
- 5 - 10+ years of experience in metallic or composite ducting
and motion compensator design per ARP 699 guidelines as Project /
Systems Engineering Focal, or equivalent experience in ECS
(Environmental Control System), bleed air, or AMS (air management
system) full-system or component design in the following
- Valves (pneumatic or electro mechanical) / Heat Exchangers
- Fuel Tank Inert Systems (FTIS, OBIGGS, OBOGGS, NGS, etc.) o
Wing-Anti Ice Systems o Ram Air Systems / High Pressure or Low
Pressure pneumatic systems
- Structural design Experience with aircraft certification to
EASA, Transport Canada, CAAC, and/or FAA 14 CFR FAR 25
- Experience from program award (kick-off) to Milestones such as:
PDR (Preliminary Design Review), CDR (Critical Design Review), PRR
(Production Readiness Review), SOF (Safety of Flight), EIS
- Experience delegating work and supervising non-direct
- Experience writing certification documentation, such as: ATP,
QTP, QTR, etc.
- Experience with sheet metal and/or composite manufacturing /
- Test experience per RTCA-DO/160 or MIL-STD-810 (vibration and
- Participates and/or leads in internal and external audits.
- Preferred experience with analysis tools such as FEA / FEM
tools MSC NASTRAN / PATRAN, ANSYS, ATA NASTRAN / FEMAP.
- Preferred experience with CAD software (CATIA V5 or
- Preferred test experience with LabVIEW data acquisition /
Keywords: Altair, Los Angeles , Aerospace - Project Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!