Company: Marathon Petroleum
Posted on: May 16, 2022
An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we're committed to being a great place to work - one that
welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our
people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
Diesel Mechanic - Bloomington, CA ($5000 Sign- On- Bonus)This
mechanic position provides daily preventative and corrective
maintenance on our fleet of transports and trailers. This position
is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of our
crude oil transport fleet in our Colton, CA location.
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including
all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work
performed on transport vehicles.
- Perform tire changes.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs
on fleet vehicles.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker
certifications, inspections and documentation.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils,
lubricants, shop supplies.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air
filter changes, power steering service, suspension system service,
PTO's, locking rear-ends, Roper pumps, brakes, wheel bearings and
hubs, electrical system service and miscellaneous maintenance
activities as needed.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned
vehicles and/or equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair crude oil transport trucks,
tankers and semi-trailers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly
- Must have or become trained in OSHA's Hazardous Waste
Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able
to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver's License
with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple and LCV (Long Combination
Vehicle) endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2-year program at an
accredited technical school, vocational school, or community
college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years
of a professional mechanic or technician experience related to
diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other
operations and staff personnel.
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on
pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance for all
vehicles including braking systems and hydraulic and air systems
for tractors and trailers.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel
personal and professional growth.
Location:Bloomington CA Colton Terminal
Job Requisition ID:00002691
Location Address:2395 S Riverside Ave
Employee Group:Full time
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition
or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information,
military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship - or any
other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant, .If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact
our Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable
accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number
in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative
will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable
accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum
Corporation please visit . -Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran /
Keywords: Marathon Petroleum, Los Angeles , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Bloomington, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!