Manager, Infrastructure Engineering - Infrastructure Platform, Riot Direct
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Riot Direct builds the infrastructure that enables our games to
operate globally and securely at scale, ensuring the highest levels
of network performance and quality for our players. If you are
looking to have a direct, positive impact on the people who play
and love our games, please join us to help make Riot the most
player-focused game company in the world.
As an Engineering Manager on the Riot Direct Network Team, you will
report to the Senior Engineering Manager - Riot Direct and lead a
team that creates network solutions to ensure the secure, scalable
operations of Riot's global networks, providing support as they
work with other infrastructure and game teams to solve essential
problem areas in the network, security, and application delivery
- Manage a team of 4-10 infrastructure engineers; coaching them,
overseeing performance management, identifying growth
opportunities, and ensuring positive results.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with
empathy and authenticity, building trust and inspiring them to
- Contribute to all parts of the employee life-cycle, including
recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers.
- Grow the team through hiring and construct an onboarding
process for new team members.
- Stay hands-on with your team's tech, overseeing the technical
design and deliverables of the team and working with your team's
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at
Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- 5+ years experience as a network engineer or directly
supporting network engineering teams
- 3+ years experience managing an engineering team
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks, and
guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience working on large-scale network engineering
- Experience leading software development and automation
- Experience managing vendor relationships with network
- Experience delivering on multi-month or multi-year projects,
establishing clear deliverables and reporting on progress.
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams and prioritizing
- Familiarity with infrastructure services, distributed systems,
microservices, and software design at high scale.
- Deep understanding of networking technology and application
delivery; including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and TCP/UDP load
- Expertise in supporting Agile development (e.g. creating
roadmaps, creating a vision, prioritization, planning, etc.)
- Experience in product development and management
- Familiarity with carrier networking methodologies and
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your
spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental
leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also
available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a
company match, and double down on your donations of time and money
to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and
personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play
fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with
Its our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all
applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes
reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and
does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status,
criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable
federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's
criminal history (LAMC 189.00).by Jobble
Keywords: Riot Games, Los Angeles , Manager, Infrastructure Engineering - Infrastructure Platform, Riot Direct, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!