Sr. Packaging Engineer
Location: Sherman Oaks
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionWe are looking for a Sr. Packaging Engineer to drive
the development of joining and integration processes, qualifying
them and supporting the launch of new products. As part of the new
product development team, the Sr. Packaging Engineer will help
identify and develop innovative solutions to process and
manufacturing challenges in a team-based and fast-paced
environment. We are a growing company with significant potential
for advancement and professional development.
- Planning and executing experiments for development of new
joining and reflow processes.
- Employing various metrology tools and techniques and
reliability tests to understand and improve the performance of the
- Optimizing bonding processes, FMEA and root cause
- Compiling and analyzing data, writing reports, and presenting
results to team members and management.
- Supporting the launch and manufacturing of new products and
training manufacturing personnel.
- Maintaining and improving the established joining processes and
equipment and providing support to production and troubleshooting
- Interfacing with vendors of equipment and process
EducationM.S. or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Mechanical
Engineering, Chemistry or related field.
Required Skills And Experience
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience with electronic packaging,
solder systems and reflow processes in a high- tech industry (MEMS,
semiconductor, or PCB).
- Strong foundation of materials science principles and hands-on
experience with reflow ovens and flip-chip bonders.
- Hands-on experience in setting up and maintaining reflow
processes, equipment and metrology methods for the control and
monitoring of such processes.
- Experience with diagnosing issues using failure analysis
techniques and equipment, researching, and recommending
- Experience with, profilometry, surface and bulk analytical
methods relevant to characterization of thin films (e.g. XPS, XRD,
- General familiarity with MEMS and semiconductor processes.
- Strong statistical analysis and data mining capabilities with
tools like JMP and Excel.
- Experience with six sigma methodologies (FMEA, SPC, DOE).
- Strong and independent problem-solving skills. Experience with
diagnosing issues using failure analysis techniques and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment. Good
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, ability to prepare
technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
information, as well as write technical specifications and
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with technology transfer from R&D into
- Six sigma or statistical process control trainingby Jobble
Keywords: Microfabrica, Los Angeles , Sr. Packaging Engineer, Engineering , Sherman Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!