Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
About This Role:
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team at
Emotive. This is a high impact role as our first in-house DevOps
Engineer, focused on designing and building distributed, scalable,
fault-tolerant software systems and platforms. We are looking for
true owners who are looking to build, not only new and interesting
technology, but also a world class technology company.
How You Will Contribute:
- Design network topology that ensures scalability, reliability
and security on AWS.
- Design and maintain monitors for site performance.
- Develop and document highly repeatable and automated
- Root cause analysis of production issues and outages with help
from development teams
- Design and maintain CI/CD pipelines using AWS or other
- Standard backup, restore, secrets rotations of systems
- Design and document security around onboarding and
- Configure scaling of systems as it grows.
- Systems upgrades and apply CVE updates.
- Build, maintain, and support InfoSec solutions based upon
industry best practices with WAF, Scout, etc.
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements to
increase operational efficiency
- Critical team member for vendor and technology adoption within
- Work with all tech team members to ensure that any new services
are well deployed and can be supported.
Skills You Will Bring:
- 5+ years AWS experience running a production site
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in a professional setting
- Degree in Computer Science, or engineering background
- Knowledge of multiple ways to build and deploy on AWS
(including Elastic Beanstalk).
- Expert level security for a website, include standard
procedures of IAM, network routing via VPCs, IP whitelisting,
certificates, key management and encryption policies.
- Expert level Postgres RDS production support
- Experienced with CI/CD pipelines, train application owners on
building and maintaining BitBucket, AWS CodeBuild & CodePipeline
pipelines for their application code
- Knowledge of messaging systems like SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ,
- Working knowledge of Aurora
- Expert container knowledge with Docker, EKS/Kubernetes
- Expert level IaC methodologies such as Terraform and/or
- Strong Experience in Monitoring and Disaster recovery
- A willingness to use automation and vendor integrations to
improve engineering efficiency
- Experience with enterprise integration patterns
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive
deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal
The Emotive Story
At Emotive, our vision is an internet that is more human. Since our
launch in 2018, Emotive has become the product of choice for over
500+ eCommerce companies to drive more sales and build more
personal relationships with customers.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built. We're a
driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and
professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our
families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable
and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the
long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and
headquarters in Los Angeles. We offer competitive salaries,
meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a
product people absolutely love!
Emotive offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries,
stock options, health coverage, 401K matching, and Unlimited
Diversity & Inclusion at Emotive
Emotive is committed to bringing together individuals from
different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an
inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of
belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all
qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status,
or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Emotive, Los Angeles , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!