Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer (Battery)
Location: Santa Fe Springs
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Boeing In-Space Engineering Organization is seeking a highly
motivated Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer (Battery)-(Level
3) to join the Space and Launch Satellite Engineering Team. This
candidate will be a part of a high-performing engineering team that
is immersed in development and high Non-Recurring projects. The
candidate will assist in defining battery requirements and
establishing the design for satellite product lines.- This role
will include accountability for Satellite Battery Design and
Analysis Engineering across Government and Commercial Satellite
Programs.- The candidate should have a background in battery
design/chemistry and/or electrical analysis. There is the
possibility to be cross trained as a Solar Array electrical
designer in the near future. The candidate must exemplify the
Boeing Behaviors in day-to-day operations.- This position is
located in El Segundo, CA.Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop requirements for Battery designs and provide product
definition to other engineering groups, production operations,
suppliers and external customers throughout the product
- Support build, assembly and test of the battery unit following
the unit through system integration and flight.
- Contribute to supplier development, test and production
activities to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Perform electrical engineering layouts, preliminary worst case
electrical analysis to support trade studies, detailed design,
testing requirements, materials, processes, and define
- Document designs to meet requirements and objectives in support
of product qualification and delivery.
- Evaluate and resolve production and service issues.
- Lead design configurations by following regulatory and company
approved processes and procedures.
- Lead project planning and ensure execution on program
- Evaluate test data to validate components and systems against
design requirements and objectives.
- Develop new design/analysis processes and tools to improve
effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
Lead development of emerging technologies/concepts for future
product designs to meet projected requirements.This position
requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which
the US Government requires US Citizenship.Required Experience /
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study in
engineering plus 5 or more years of related work experience, or
Master degree +3 years' experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Battery Design and
- Must have knowledge of battery characteristics
- Must have knowledge of battery SOC and DOC
- 10 % TravelPreferred Experience / Skills
- Knowledge of solar array design
- Abilities to work in a cross-functional team environment and
lead across multiple engineering/non-engineering disciplines.
- Experience with delivering on program commitments - technical,
cost, schedule and risk management.
- Experience in systems engineering knowledge, including
requirements definition, verification & validation, and risk
- Strong communication skills to interface with different program
and customer teams.
- 2 years working with external customers.
- Experience in Battery or Solar Array designTypical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is
available for internal candidates.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a
Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
Keywords: BOEING, Los Angeles , Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer (Battery), Engineering , Santa Fe Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!