Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar
industry through technology? At Opendoor, we're on a mission to
make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is
broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and
costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom
to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and
instant. We've built an exceptional team, seen strong growth,
served over 85,000 customers and recently went public! The coming
years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore
new frontiers and scale nationwide. About the Role: We're seeking
an exceptional Infrastructure Engineer to join us as we build a
common platform to support services and data processing across the
company. From cloud infrastructure and continuous integration
pipelines to developer tooling and monitoring service availability,
the systems you build will support every team at Opendoor. You'll
lead the development of projects that not only enable engineers to
build high-quality and reliable services but also impact the growth
trajectory of the company. As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure
Engineer, you will:
- Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure
(e.g. cloud resources, container orchestration, continuous
deployment) used by all of Opendoor's engineering teams.
- Diagnose and fix problems stemming from complex interactions of
a wide range of components in a modern service platform.
- Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic
- Act in key support roles during major incidents. Participate in
the post-incident review process. Write and maintain runbooks and
- Design and implement processes to maintain and improve
- Optimize build pipeline and tooling to reduce CI/CD times.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of applicable engineering experience
- Strong coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write
Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is
- Experience with creating and managing AWS resources with
- Familiarity with monitoring systems such as Datadog
- Moderate experience with TCP/IP networking.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. Bonus
- You love improving the efficiency and productivity of your
fellow engineers and think of them as your customers.
- Experience building for a microservice environment
- Experience with running CI systems at scale
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to
solve problems More About Us Want to learn more about us and how we
are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more
about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn
more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog
posts to hear about the work we are doing. We Offer the Following
Benefits and Perks: - Your choice of coverage for medical, dental,
and vision (optional for dependents) - Flexible vacation policy -
Generous parental leave - Paid time off to volunteer Please note
that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team
members and do not apply to contract roles. Our team celebrates our
diverse backgrounds. We believe--that being open about who we are
and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking
employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all
applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Keywords: Opendoor, Los Angeles , Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!