Data Engineering Summer Intern
Company: ConsumerTrack, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
ConsumerTrack--- is unique in the digital marketing and media
industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our
performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates
targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and
Learn More About What We Do
ConsumerTrack is looking for a Data Engineering Intern to join our
Data Engineering Department. We're looking for someone who has the
ability to learn new tools, technologies, and concepts quickly,
with a passion for data engineering! This is a 12-week summer
internship that will provide hands-on experience working on
challenging real-world problems that will help build your expertise
What will you do?
- Build and maintain multiple data pipelines to ingest new data
sources (APIs, Files, Streaming, Databases, Email, etc.).
- Support products used by both external users & internal
- Support our Data Engineering team with optimizations to improve
reporting, identify gaps in data architecture standards, and
support 3rd party file/API ingests.
- Work with our data science and product management teams to
design, rapidly prototype, and productize new internal and external
data product ideas and capabilities.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures
metadata, and workload management.
- Collaborate with the team to perform root cause analysis and
audit internal and external data and processes to help answer
specific business questions.
- Currently pursuing or recently obtained Bachelor's degree in
Computer Science or other related fields
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS tools including EMR/Athena,
S3, Kinesis, API Gateway, LAMBDA, Athena, etc., as well SQL and
Python skills including knowledge of Python libraries /
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Creative problem solver, self-motivated and driven
- Be detail-oriented, deadline driven and able to thrive in a
fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking
- Must be available to work 15 hours per week, Monday
(10AM-4PMPST), Tuesday (10AM-4PM PST), & Thursday (1PM-4PM PST) for
the duration of the 12-week program.
What we offer:
- Mentorship Program
- Paid Internship! School credit applicable.
- Team Building Events
- Weekly virtual yoga & mindfulness meditation
- Company-wide events
- Learning & Professional Development Workshops
- Opportunities to meet with our department leaders and executive
team through Lunch & Learns
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: ConsumerTrack, Inc., Los Angeles , Data Engineering Summer Intern, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!