Experienced Product Design and Analysis MP&P Engineer
Location: Toluca Lake
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Experienced Product Design and Analysis MP&P
EngineerThe-Boeing-Spectrolab team is seeking an-Experienced
Product Design and Analysis MP&P Engineer to join the team
in-Sylmar, CA. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing
Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.-This role
require 10% of local travel.Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You
are passionate, highly-motivated and excited to be on the forefront
of providing innovative, affordable and enduring space and airborne
products. You will be a leader in space innovation!Spectrolab,
Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking a
highly-motivated and talented engineer for product & process
design/analysis and development in support of programs, products,
and new technology assessment for both our Photovoltaic and
Illuminations Systems Product Lines.Position
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities for this position may vary
depending on dynamic changes in both customer and internal
priorities, but will generally include the following:
- Utilize Finite Element Analysis and other techniques to assess
thermal and mechanical stresses in support of product definition
and root cause/corrective action investigations for programs,
products, and new technology development.
- Characterize and qualify assemblies, processes, and materials
to meet customer/program requirements and internal LEAN/DFMAT and
cost reduction objectives.
- Prepare Engineering Reports, Qualification Reports and Product
Design Review Documents and make effective presentations to
internal Technology Change and Preventive/Corrective Action Boards
- Recommend material selection and configuration/process
improvements to address product quality/robustness/lifecycle
- Review manufacturing documents for assigned programs and
support manufacturing for correct implementation of the
- Provide timely resolution of production and supplier issues,
consistent with applicable customer & regulatory requirements and
product qualification baseline.
- Provide technical support as needed to the marketing team,
suppliers and customers.
- Perform radiation, power, mass, EMC, reliability/FMEA, and
DFMAT analyses to optimize the product design within the confines
of schedule and cost objectives and/or to resolve process or
- Review customer requests for quotation and prepare proposals
for space solar panel products.
- Translate customer requirements into documentation for
parts/materials procurement and product/software development,
manufacturing and testing.-
- Identify long lead materials, tooling and testing requirements
for the product and associated support software.
- Adopt an entrepreneurial mindset to Identify and execute
continuous improvement and/or breakthrough new product or process
ideas to reduce process cycle time, reduce product cost, and/or
improve product or market capture performance.
- Maintain a productive sense of urgency and a Safety/Quality
first mindset.The ideal candidate will also have both the
background knowledge and the desire to dynamically shift priorities
to take on additional cross-functional responsibilities, such as:
- Participate in factory automation, PCB/PCBA design, or
MOVPE/wafer process improvement/issue resolution efforts.
- Utilize AutoCAD/Inventor and/or GD&T skills to assist CAD
Design/Tooling team with concept designs and design documentation,
document updates, manufacturability assessments, and mechanical
load assessment of ground support structures as needed.
- Utilize software skills in Dynamic C/C/C++, SQL, VBA, Labview,
Python, or similar to develop and maintain software to support
required to command and control functionality for airborne
searchlight & gimbal systems, automation of production processes,
and data collection/management for product
build/characterization/inspection/test for both Solar Products and
Illumination Systems product lines.
- Utilize prior hands-on experience and knowledge of electronics
and/or environmental test, enabling the same individual to
seamlessly support their assigned programs from design analysis and
verification test plan definition through manufacturing
implementation and final test and delivery to customer.
- Provide sustaining process engineering support for production
of solar cell wafers and/or solar cell assemblies. Maintain process
control using SPC tools, troubleshoot process anomalies, understand
operation of process equipment, and provide timely response to
manufacturing issues/needs. Interact closely with teams within the
larger Operations group to achieve organizational goals.
- Create visual process instructions, training and marketing
materials using a combination of CAD, graphic illustration,
programming, and video editing.This position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a -US Person- as defined
by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. -US Person- includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
(Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Materials
Science/Engineering, Chemistry or other related engineering/science
- 5+ years of experience applying Root Cause Corrective Action
(RCCA), or other similar rigorous problem/analysis/resolution,
processes to engineering development and manufacturing/production
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft Office suite
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- At least 1 year of experience in a dynamic manufacturing
- At least 1 year of experience compiling data for material
- At least 1 year of experience working both independently and in
- At least 1 year of experience with thermal analysis techniques
such as differential thermal analysis (DTA), dilatometry (DIL),
laser flash analysis (LFA), thermomechanical analysis (TMA), and/or
finite difference analysis.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills
- Experience using Autodesk Pro Suite (AutoCAD Inventor
- Familiarity with material characterization & analysis
- Experience in conducting FMECA and/or DFMAT assessments and
leading associated design improvement & validation efforts.
- Experience generating models and documents in AutoCAD/Inventor
and/or providing GD&T assessments in support of
manufacturability improvements or resolution of supplier
- Familiarity with model management tools, particularly Autodesk
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, statistical process control,
- Experience generating/debugging software using Dynamic C/C/C++,
VBA, Labview, Python or similar.
- Experience developing & validating databases, queries, and
automated reports in SQL.
- Familiarity with developing and/or identifying and implementing
targeted process automation or other continuous improvement
initiatives for both production and production support
- Familiarity with semiconductor processing, solar cell devices
and manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and generating electrical
schematics and technical specifications.
- Familiarity with gated approach to product & process
development and Aerospace industry material and qualification
requirements (such as AIAA-S-111/112, NASA-STD-6016, and/or
equivalent ECSS standards).
- Hands-on experience in assembling/testing electronic components
and/or conducting environmental tests.
- PCB design experience, inclusive of logic circuits and
- Familiarity with FAA regulations.
- Ability to do optical modeling.Typical
Education/Experience:-Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.Relocation: This position is
located in a location that does not offer relocation.- Candidates
must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.All information
provided will be checked and may be verified.Please apply ASAP for
this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Keywords: BOEING, Los Angeles , Experienced Product Design and Analysis MP&P Engineer, Engineering , Toluca Lake, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!