Company: Helium 10
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Helium 10 is looking for a Support Engineer who will lead
technical triage on escalated support issues. This role will be
integral to the success and growth of the Helium 10 suite of
software tools. The Support Engineer will provide direct service
and support to the customer success team. The Support Engineer will
be responsible for the investigation of technical issues across a
complex distributed system. Your day to day will include deep dives
in the logs, monitoring infrastructure and logs for abnormalities,
interacting with the support and development teams, ensuring timely
issue resolution, and escalating tickets to the appropriate
stakeholder. This role requires strong technical skills, a strong
understanding of the product, and the ability to work with a
This position can be performed from anywhere and is open to
Who are we? We're Helium 10, the leading Software company for
Amazon sellers. We move fast, really fast, so we need someone who
can keep up. We're experts at our craft (and if not, we become
experts, fast!) and we hold each other to a high standard. Why?
We're shaping the future for Amazon sellers and our customers
deserve the best. We make tough decisions, own up to mistakes, and
above all, we find solutions to problems.
Who are you? As the Support Engineer at Helium 10, you are
self-motivated and curious with an interest in understanding
complex distributed systems. You are an independent worker with
high attention to detail, and you have a passion for deveoping and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and diagnose technical issues using our logs, code
base, and monitoring services.
- Coordinate with teammates to resolve issues quickly.
- Act as the liason between developers, customer success, and
- Build and maintain internal tools to collect metrics and
monitor the system.
- Expand and keep our internal technical documentation up to
- Experience in software support required.
- Experience with SQL, APIs, and error logs required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management
- Experience with and comfortable working remotely.
Experience and understanding of the following are a major plus:
- Aware of standard security best practices and conscious of
information privacy issues.
- Experience with large scale systems, e.g. terabyte-size data
stores, tables with hundreds of millions of rows.
- Java, Groovy, or other JVM languages, ideally exposure to the
- Cloud computer platforms, ideally AWS.
- Key/Value stores, ideally Redis.
- Messaging queue systems, ideally exposure to SQS.
- Pub/Sub notification systems, ideally exposure to SNS.
Helium 10 needs EXPERTS! If you are an expert support engineer and
would like to join the Helium 10 family please apply today!
Why you should work for Helium 10!
- Fun atmosphere and company culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits (70% paid medical,
dental, and vision, and much more!)
- HSA, FSA, life insurance, long term disability, commuter
benefits, and tons of ancillary benefit options!
- 11 paid holidays
- paid time off
- 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 2 years
- Flexible work schedules
- Public recognition platform
- Virtual happy hours
- Work sponsored events
- Tons of educational opportunities
- Creative workspace
- Great onsite benefits (chiropractor, meditation services, gym,
breakfast and snacks, etc.)
These are just a few of our awesome office perks that you would be
able to take advantage of if you decided to join the Helium 10
family. Apply today!
Keywords: Helium 10, Los Angeles , Support Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!