FRL Tools Engineer
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 15, 2021
As an Reality Labs Tools Engineer for one of our LA teams,
you'll build and use tools to analyze and improve performance
across the entire Oculus content ecosystem. You will help VR
developers efficiently make industry-defining applications. These
roles are ideal for software engineers with expertise in scripting,
tooling, building systems, or profilers, ideally with gameplay or
animation industry experience.
- Build powerful authoring, debugging, and profiling tools.
- Empower developers by reducing developer iteration time and
improving development tools and workflow.
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by
improving the performance and quality of our SDK.
- Create game engine, operating system, and tool code to optimize
the performance of VR applications.
- Work within the rendering pipeline to optimize performance and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related
- 3+ years experience with C/C++ programming and developing
- OpenGL, DirectX or Vulkan experience.
- 3+ years experience scripting in Java, C, or Python.
- Experience with creating developer tooling.
- Experience with low level debugging or profiling.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and extending build
- Knowledge of Android development, especially in graphics and
- Experience with CPU and GPU optimization.
- Virtual Reality experience.Facebook's mission is to give people
the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different
kind of company that connects billions of people around the world,
gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring
people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or
helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are
builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,
solving problems, and working together to empower people around the
world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,
we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Los Angeles , FRL Tools Engineer, Engineering , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!