Project Engineer (Propulsion)
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech's Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly
talented candidates to support a contract that provides cradle to
grave support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile
Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorates
National Security Space Launch (NSSL) (formerly Evolved Expendable
Launch Vehicle (EELV)) program.
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas,
including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program
Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety &
Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information
Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of
New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, customer-oriented Project
Engineer, Propulsion in the areas of propulsion/engines systems,
subsystems, and components to join our team in the El Segundo, CA
- Provide systems and technical engineering support to the Air
Force space launch program.
- Participate in system, sub-system and component design reviews
(SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness
reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and
results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from
reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item
- Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks
from these design reviews.
- Participate in technical Working Group and Technical
Interchange Meetings. Coordinate with team members to establish
meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
- Assess and evaluate item test plans against applicable
- Evaluate and track system, sub-system, and component issues,
risks, and configuration changes.
- Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineering Review
Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
- Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results,
and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk of the
- Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to assess and
evaluate manufacturing plans against applicable standards.
- Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes
from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine
- Assist AF customer create briefing packages suitable for senior
- Review the New Entrant process changes to determine impact to
- Interface with multiple team and government organizations -
coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline with a minimum
of ten to twelve years of related experience.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong team player.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of liquid and solid rocket propulsion systems.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with government and commercial
industry standards applicable to launch vehicles.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS
Word, PowerPoint and Project tools.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A strong background in Systems Engineering concepts, and launch
or satellite systems is highly desired.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position
with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact
ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities,
females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.
ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement
agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal
opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept
resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access
http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of
your disability. To request an accommodation please click
email@example.com and provide your name and contact
Keywords: ManTech, Los Angeles , Project Engineer (Propulsion), Engineering , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!