Instructional Aide - Special Education
Company: Spectrum Center Schools and Programs
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Spectrum Center Schools, a growing, dynamic organization with a
social mission to offer hope is seeking Instructional Aides to join
our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture
that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!If
you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic
We Should Talk! ??As an Instructional Aide, you will provide
individualized supervision and instruction to assigned students and
additional support to the core classroom staff. Working with
student(s) to implement their Individualized Education Programs
(IEP), you will utilize group and individual instruction in the
classroom and community.? Responsibilities Include:
- Working with students to improve their community, vocational,
leisure, domestic, academic, and social skills.
- Implementing curriculum (including all on-site and
community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies
consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual
Transition Plan)/PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to meet
each students goals and objectives.
- Performing job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the
training of students, on campus or at community job sites in
appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills.
- Completing accurate and timely documentation on students
behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to
relevant staff and makes recommendations based on
- Assisting in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily
activities log as required.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information and records
at all times.
- Performing other duties as assigned.? Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Active paraprofessional license preferred.
- Prior experience working with children, preferably in an
education or classroom setting.
- Prior experience working with students in a special education
program setting preferred.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply concepts of basic
- Comfortable driving and/or riding in the van with students
before and/or after school.
- Valid CA drivers license.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Spectrum Center
Schools is a division of ChanceLight Education, the nations leading
provider of alternative and special education programs for children
and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with
over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the
direction of more than 240,000 student lives!???? Learn more about
our history, our mission, and the program services we provide by
visiting the links below:
As a member of the ChanceLight family
you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful
impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools
essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!?
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!Join us
and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children
TODAY!Careers, With ChanceLight ???? Work. With
- High School or betterLicenses & CertificationsRequired
- Driver LicensesPreferred
- ParaprofessionalEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Spectrum Center Schools and Programs, Los Angeles , Instructional Aide - Special Education, Education / Teaching , Lakewood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!