Director of Nursing Education - CALIFORNIA ONLY
Company: Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
Location: North Hollywood
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Director of Nursing Education manages the academic
effectiveness, student satisfaction and efficient operation of all
activities of the department. The Director of Nursing Education
will be responsible for meeting or exceeding all regulations and
standards of the state, the accrediting commission, and the program
accrediting boards and bodies as well as Concorde Career Colleges.
JOB FUNCTIONS Faculty Management
- Provide faculty orientation to program, classroom management,
and expectations of employment upon their acceptance of the
- Conduct evaluations of performance as required according to
Concorde employment policy.
- Assure faculty input is utilized in the development of
department scheduling, budgets, adoption of resources, and
preparation requirement for assigned courses and committees.
- Provide leadership to the faculty in ongoing, systematic
development, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum.
- Provide feedback from student, clinical sites, and annual
surveys to assure sufficient feedback of job performance and
develop of improvement goals.
- Ensure there is no conflict of interest occurring between any
manager or faculty member's private interest and Concorde's
educational offerings. An example of the foregoing includes a
faculty member who offers private pre-licensure testing services or
products to Concorde students or graduates. This would constitute
an example of a conflict of interest. Student Engagement
- Conduct potential student interviews, orientations, and
re-evaluations as required for admission and/or re-entry into the
- Develop/confirm returning student scheduling each term to
assure completion of course requirements and availability of
faculty and/or staff.
- Assure student advising are completed per company policy to
assure satisfactory progress towards graduation requirements of the
- Assist students with pre-licensure processing and preparation
for licensure testing.
- Attend all pinning and graduation ceremonies as scheduled by
the campus. Administrative Duties
- Demonstrate management and communication skills, and the
knowledge and ability to judge instructors' competence. This
position requires a strong attention to details and a positive
- Supervise/confirm proper management of student records as
required by accrediting bodies and Concorde policy.
- Ensure that student evaluations of faculty are completed at
least once per grading period and summaries are submitted to each
- Ensure newly hired faculty receive an experienced faculty
member who facilitates the orientation period of the newly hired
- Identify, advocate or develop resources or services needed by
students including clinical sites, classroom equipment, online
programing, and other industry trends for student engagement.
- Participate in campus and organizational committee meetings as
required as program/campus representative for policy
- Assist the campus president and academic dean with review of
campus catalog, policies, and curriculum as required.
- Actively engage in student affairs and ensure sound educational
instruction is being delivered in accordance with industry standard
- Maintain positive relationships with fellow Concorde campuses,
programs and the state Board of Nursing.
- Serve as a liaison with the state Board of Nursing and
Accrediting bodies as required for program compliance with industry
trends and law adjustments.
- Develop reports according to annual reporting matrix of
accreditors and board of nursing requirements.
- Conduct/attend program meetings to include but not limited to:
faculty, campus, organizational, community advisory boards, and
state Board of Nursing as scheduled.
- Maintain an environment conducive to the teaching/learning
- Maintain professional competences through the completion of
activities. Methods of completion may include nursing practice,
continuing education, authoring a scholarly or peer-reviewed
journal article, or participation in professional
- Serve as a company representative within the community
demonstrating organizational pillars. **Willing to relocate the
right candidate**Job Requirements:
- Hold a valid, active license issued by the board.
- A minimum of a master's degree or higher degree from an
accredited college or university which includes course work in
nursing, education or administration.
- A minimum of one year's experience in an administrative
- A minimum of two years' experience teaching in pre- or
post-licensure nursing programs.
- A minimum 4 years' full-time nursing experience.
- At least one-year experience as a registered nurse providing
direct patient care.
- Equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the
Board of Nursing. **Willing to relocate the right candidate**
Keywords: Concorde Career Colleges, Inc., Los Angeles , Director of Nursing Education - CALIFORNIA ONLY, Education / Teaching , North Hollywood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!