Power Supply Senior Principal Engineer
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corporation
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We're building a sustainable future.
Where does your future begin? Power Supply Senior Principal
Engineer Apply Now Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to
Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173368BR Date posted 12/29/2020
City El Segundo State CA Country United States This position is for
a Power Supply Senior Principal Engineer to work within the
Electronics Center of Raytheon's Intelligence and Space (RI&S)
The person hired for this position will work alongside a talented
team towards the development of new state-of-the-art systems for
space applications that meets our customer's descriptions and
This position will require the individual to lead, mentor, and
provide guidance to small multi-disciplined design teams. This
person may also be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for
the development of one or more complex modules or units and will
interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and program
stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
Must have a minimum of 10 years of related industry experience.
- 10+ years of hand-on experience and working with switch mode
- Applicant must have the ability to design AC/DC and DC/DC
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of switch mode
power converters. Knowledge of AC/DC rectification methods and
system power analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of conversion topologies (Flyback, Forward,
Push-Pull, Phase-Shifted-Full-Bridge, etc) along with the ability
to simulate and model designs.
- Applicant must be able to develop concepts and product designs
that are on the cutting edge of technology in the areas of high
current, high power (> 25kW), low voltage, high
efficiency/density, converter designs. Space environment
- Applicant must have experience with full-cycle development from
concept to architecture to design.
- Applicant must have experience with the generation of
requirement documents, schematics, and board routing
- Knowledge of industry standard design and simulation tools is
- Working knowledge on the characteristics of magnetics
(including inductor/transformer modeling), magnetization
inductance, magnetization current, leakage inductance,
intra-winding and inter-winding capacitance, self-resonant
frequency, characteristics and limitations of magnetic cores, core
saturation, core loss, high frequency losses, core reset, winding
techniques for optimization of desired magnetics, and design of
- Applicant must be capable of developing test plans, procedures
and test solutions.
- Applicant must be able to facilitate and work with
- Applicant must be able to work in collaboration with
multi-discipline team environment.
- Capable of obtaining an U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance
within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Project and small team leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management methods are highly
- Able to work independently and within team effort
- Experience in firmware development for power supply
- Knowledge of Expedition/DxDesigner and analysis suite.
- Experience with military and space system applications,
requirements, and environmental concerns.
- Active clearance.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university
with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Physics, or other related STEM field.
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering with power
electronics concentration.This position requires either a U.S.
Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply
Now Get the latest career opportunities as soon as they become
available. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Los Angeles , Power Supply Senior Principal Engineer, Education / Teaching , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!