Associate Director, Marketing
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 20, 2023
(SWC), is a global human rights activist organization that
confronts anti-Semitism, hate and terrorism. - We are an accredited
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) at the United Nations, UNESCO
and the OSCE, the Organization of American States, the Latin
American Parliament, and the Council of Europe. - The SWC is
headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in New York, Chicago,
Miami, Toronto, Paris, Jerusalem and Buenos Aires. The was founded
in 1993 and is the educational arm of SWC. is the two-time Academy
Award --winning film division of the SWC and the is scheduled to
open in 2024.
About the role:
The Museum of Tolerance is seeking an experienced marketing
professional to develop strategies that align with the mission of
the museum. These efforts include effective storytelling around
exhibits, events, and programs that appeal to local, regional,
national, and international audiences, as well as media and other
You are passionate about building a vibrant, crucial and compelling
public image for the museum in all paid and earned communications
This position will report to the Deputy Director and is based in
- Develops, implements, and manages a comprehensive integrated
marketing plan, which highlights museum activities and specific
institutional goals. Monitor plans currently in process and
recommends modifications, as appropriate.
- Oversees MOT's digital strategies, including all online
marketing, social media, and website.
- Supports media relations efforts of the SWC Communications
Department, proactively seeking and presenting opportunities to
strengthen the museum's public profile on a local, national, and
- Supervises the development of the museum's collateral and
- Works closely with colleagues in professional development and
education departments to maximize program attendance and
- In concert with the membership team, creates and fulfills a
marketing strategy to bolster Membership objectives, including
initiating media and corporate sponsorships, and amplifying
- Oversees community marketing activities and
- Manages relationships with marketing, advertising, web design
agencies, as required.
- Fosters and maintains a network of contacts with marketing
counterparts at museums locally, nationally, and
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in marketing communications,
preferably in the cultural arena and with a public
- Expertise in the development and execution of strategic
integrated communications plans.
- Ability to effectively leverage the museum's digital presence
to reinforce communications goals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight
- Strong writing abilities with experience developing content
across a variety of platforms and in different styles.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and passion for
working with others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of flexibility, can adapt easily to changing
environments and tasks.
We value our people and offer a collaborative and engaging culture.
As a SWC employee, you will enjoy work/life balance, generous time
off and comprehensive benefits and programs.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center embraces inclusivity and values our
diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on
qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an
equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Museumoftolerance, Los Angeles , Associate Director, Marketing, Advertising , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!