Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary:* Currently This Role is for Pipelining
Purposes Only*Virtue is looking for a Creative Director who loves
to create brand fame at the intersection of advertising and
entertainment. Your work should not only be culturally relevant;
what you do and make should BE culture itself. You should know what
it takes to make a piece of work or a brand famous, newsworthy, and
deserving of people's time and attention.As a Creative Director,
you'd be responsible for overseeing creative work, new projects,
and pitches. More junior creative teams will depend on you for
guidance on the work itself. In addition, you will have a couple of
direct reports who will need your mentorship outside of specific
projects or crafts.CDs at Virtue are expected to be very hands-on
with their work. They sometimes oversee teams, but not always. At
the same time, CDs are expected to stretch upward as well, owning
client presentations, being the creative point person on pitches,
and operating autonomously as required.As a CD, there will be times
when you are the very last creative person to see and bless a piece
of work before it goes out to the client. At Virtue, we trust you
can get the job done and maintain creative integrity while working
hand-in-hand with your counterparts in other departments and
building a positive culture and environment.What you'll need to
do:* Meet and exceed the ECD's expectations for creative excellence
and brilliance by pushing for great work from the start of every
* Take creative feedback from multiple sources and sort out how to
address it, directly or indirectly, for the benefit of the
* Work with strategy and client management to think holistically
through the ask, the brief, the insight, the approach. Keep those
elements and guidance from other departments in mind throughout the
* Drive creative direction and vision for your project or sometimes
multiple projects, making sure none of them backslide over the
course of creative development
* Be a sounding board and supportive creative leader for your team,
while at the same time making sure they understand the high
expectations of the work.
* Cultivate a culture of high-volume creativity. Push yourself and
junior teams to come up with lots and lots of ideas, knowing that
most of them will either miss the mark strategically, creatively or
feasibly. From this process, beautiful gems can be unearthed.
* Lead your team in developing creative presentations, coordinating
pitches, being a strong creative representative in front of
clients, handling shoots, etc
* Take direction from your ECD and remain ready to constantly
better the work. Accept feedback from your ECD, GCD, heads of
departments, and others with openness and grace.
* Jump in to teach more junior creatives whenever the opportunity
arises. Your knowledge is invaluable to them.
* Make sure you and the creative department as a whole are aware of
the work out there in the industry right now, even globally. Not
just the bad stuff, but the 'good' stuff too.
* Work with the Business Development team to handle creds meetings,
client engagement opportunities, etc.
* Remain current with pop culture in your areas of interest, but
also remain aware of the broader zeitgeist. Bring that knowledge to
your projects, and require it of your team as well.
* Work collaboratively and respectfully with members of other
departments (strategy, client management, creative production,
integrated production, etc).
* Constantly work to ensure the work your team is putting out is
creatively and aesthetically ambitious.
* Remain (and help your team remain) adaptable to changing and
sometimes stressful circumstances.
* As a creative leader, stay focused on solutions instead of
* Contribute to a positive environment for all team members,
speaking respectfully to and about your colleagues at all
* Prioritize the collective needs of the agency over individual
What you'll need to bring with you:* Solid experience in
* A creative mission, something to prove to yourself or the
* A career history with at least one or two surprising choices
* The ability to simultaneously frighten, calm, and convince
* Senior-level presentation skills
* Ability to balance owning and delegating
* An understanding of what it takes to persuade people, internally
or externally, to get excellent work made
* Interpersonal savvy; the ability to relate well to all kinds of
people, build rapport, form constructive and effective
relationships, utilize diplomacy and tact, and diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably
* A scrappy attitude. Resourcefulness. No dependence on big budgets
or stacked staffing for your projects.
* Integrity and trustworthiness; ability to be direct and truthful,
present the unvarnished truth, keep confidences, admit mistakes,
and never misrepresent oneself for personal gain.
* Knowledge of how to get different teams and departments to work
together to make something great
* Contemporary taste in design, copy, art direction, music, etc.
All the magical stuff we use to make our work.
* A history of participating in culture in a genuine way
* Honesty, honesty, honesty. With creatives, with clients, with
colleagues, and with yourself.
Working at VICE:We want to find people who believe in our mission
and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than
someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you
to apply and show us what you've got.VICE Media Group prioritizes
the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We
believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive
cultures so we don't just "tolerate" differences, we celebrate it
and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To
learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.In alignment with our Core
Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the
communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If
you require reasonable accommodation during the application and
selection process, please let us know by contacting . We will work
together to best meet your needs.Agencies: VICE Media Group is not
partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will
not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such
unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Keywords: Vice, Los Angeles , Creative Director, Advertising , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!