Senior Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Company: Circle Internet Financial Limited
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Senior Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Los
Angeles - will also consider remote in US Circle is a global
financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to
harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for
payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's
platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of
billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over
a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5
billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of
USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is
quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000%
year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business
accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of
financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise
of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable
internet commerce. What you'll be part of: With the mission "To
raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet
commerce," Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and
digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a
fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world
economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses
everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other
with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system
can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our
mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all
Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of
our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our
local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful,
Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be
responsible for: Circle is looking for an experienced SEC and
Technical Accounting leader to help us build out the external
reporting function. This is a critical new role and function and
you will be empowered to build out a best in class external
reporting function. What you'll work on:--
- Design and scale the company's end to end external reporting
- Prepare a process for submitting high quality Form 10-K and
Form 10-Q filings in a timely manner including financial
statements, MD&A and disclosures.
- Stay current on changes to Accounting Standards Codifications
(ASC) and SEC regulations and evaluate and communicate impact on
company's financial reporting.
- Lead implementation and configuration of reporting software
such as Workiva or similar system to streamline external
- Maintain and update key technical accounting policies of the
company and conduct accounting research on complex accounting and
- Maintain the company's GAAP checklist and ensure the company's
financial statements remain current with latest requirements.
- Provide inputs to external and internal audit processes and act
as key point of contact on technical accounting issues.
- Review financial information included in the company's external
communications to regulators and investors.
- Work closely with the broader finance team to ensure consistent
implementation of accounting guidance and disclosure requirements
for budgeting, forecasting and internal reporting.
- Help to prepare for and support SOX compliance requirements and
appropriate disclosures for SOX 302 quarterly certification and
process for SOX 404 reporting. You will aspire to our four core
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our
customers, shareholders, employees and families and local
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to
pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our
passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue
excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work
intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and
you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You
reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with both Big 4
public accounting experience and SEC reporting experience with a
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and
- Strong communicator and proven ability to work cross
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching and
documenting disclosure guidance and the accounting treatment of
complex issues and communicating them across the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project
- Experience with SOX and internal controls over financial
- Advanced proficiency with XBRL reporting and utilizing software
tools (e.g Workiva) to manage filings.
- Driven to add value and continuously seek opportunities for
improvement both individually and as a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to
change. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Do you currently have
authorization to work in the United States? --*
-- Will you, now or in the future, require the support of Circle to
maintain that authorization? --*
-- Describe how you think you could contribute to Circle's mission
and how you are aligned to our values? --*
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your
personal information.--Please refer to our candidate privacy
notice--here --for more information on how we will be using your
personal information. By submitting your application, you agree
that you have read and understood the--candidate privacy notice .
Keywords: Circle Internet Financial Limited, Los Angeles , Senior Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting, Advertising , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!