Marketing Director, Consumer, Respiratory
Location: Newbury Park
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Amgen has a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to
serve patients. To advance this mission, Amgen is preparing to
launch an innovative new Brand in the respiratory market. This role
affords a unique opportunity to shape the strategy and launch for
this exciting brand by leading all direct-to-consumer (DTC)
marketing efforts in the US. The Director of Consumer Marketing
will be responsible for building the launch plans for the brand
with respect to consumer marketing, including launch marketing
strategy and tactical creation and deployment. The Director will
also build and lead a team of senior managers and managers
responsible for developing and executing all aspects of consumer
marketing for the brand. These key aspects of the role will involve
developing disease education and branded campaigns and messaging
and deploying across the marketing mix. The role will report to the
Executive Director, Respiratory Marketing. This critical role
provides a tremendous opportunity to work on an exciting new launch
brand at Amgen. In this role you will collaborate with a wide range
of internal and external partners to help shape the launch strategy
and plan and ultimately lead the execution of this plan. It also
affords a unique opportunity to build a brand and a team from the
ground up. This role requires you to bring to the table exceptional
leadership, a strategic mindset and proven capability to build
brands, while flawlessly executing the launch of the brand to
consumers. Specific responsibilities:
- Lead development and execution of the disease education and
branded launch marketing plan - work with market research and
agency partners to uncover deep insights and translate them into
compelling creative and messaging in both the pre-launch and
- Lead media strategy - oversee planning and placement across key
channels for disease education and branded work including TV,
print, point-of-care, digital, social media, patient education, and
- Manage day-to-day oversight of creative, social and media
agencies as well as publisher relationships.
- Hire team of marketers. Manage and coach direct reports and
serve as mentor to other marketers.
- Collaborate with key partners including HCP marketing, Medical,
Payer/Access, Corporate Communications, Operational teams, and
Business Analytics & Insight to ensure synergy across customer
stakeholders including HCPs and patients.
- Represent team in organizational-level initiatives designed to
drive new capabilities and share best practices to more effectively
- Manage the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and
approval of new materials to enable responsible and compliant
- Collaborate with co-commercialization partner company to ensure
connectivity and strategic alignment across companies.
- Manage budgets and closely monitor performance to meet brand
goals and objectives, ensuring cost-effective delivery of all
- Engage with senior leadership on launch readiness, presenting
strategic and launch plans.
- Partner with the Brand Lead on Brand Planning to help shape the
strategy for the brand.
- Domestic travel up to 30%. Basic Qualifications: --- Doctorate
degree and 4 years of Marketing experience OR --- Master's degree
and 6 years of Marketing experience OR --- Bachelor's degree and 8
years of Marketing experience Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and experience building and leading
- Launch experience, preferably in the biotechnology or
pharmaceutical space. Respiratory experience a plus.
- Strong marketing acumen with a demonstrated skill set in
building and launching brands, including developing marketing
strategy, leading market research plans, creating compelling
creative campaigns, building and implementing segmentation,
developing brand positioning, and overseeing tactical plan
development and execution.
- Experience marketing directly to consumers, with a strong
preference for biotechnology/pharmaceutical or regulated consumer
goods or services.
- Track record of successfully developing and executing a wide
range of successful online and offline tactics, including digital,
print, video, social, and CRM. Television experience is a
- Experience working with advertising agencies to develop and
produce engaging creative and tactics via traditional and
- Experience working with media agencies and publishers to
develop, measure, and optimize, effective media plans.
- Ability to translate market research into insights and
effective consumer campaigns and programs. Previous experience with
clinical data a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced
- Passion to understand marketplace dynamics and apply deep
insights to delight consumers by best addressing their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive partnerships and
collaborate effectively in a matrix organization. Co-promotion
experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and self-awareness of leadership
style. We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a
global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes
Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose
around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another,
recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust,
empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff
members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen
added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride
itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families
of all compositions. Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential
of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by
discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative
human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like
advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and
understand the fundamentals of human biology. Join Us If you're
seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives
of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of
biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at
Amgen. Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and
delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped
millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease,
rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses. As an
organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people
around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of
diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who
respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live
the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve
patients. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Amgen, Los Angeles , Marketing Director, Consumer, Respiratory, Advertising , Newbury Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!