Back Office Assistant II - FT/Variable (8hr)
Company: MemorialCare Health System
Location: Costa Mesa
Posted on: September 15, 2018
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork. Position Summary:
- Prepares the patient for the provider's examination and assists the provider as directed. Performs general nursing duties for quality care of the patient and the efficient operation of the back office. Provides documentaion in accordance with policies and performs clerical duties as required. Demonstrates attention to detail in all patient interactions regarding follow up care and patient privacy. Stays proactively involved in the provider's schedule of patients and anticipates provider's needs in the care of the patient. Adheres to OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA regulations as required by Federal and State law.
- Back Office Assistant II has 3 or more years of medical office experience and demonstrates an ability to perform multiple duties in the back office.
- Projects an image of professionalism in appearance, communication, and conduct. Supports the company mission and customer service excellence standards. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. This knowledge may include the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance. Performs other duties as assigned, and may be occasionally asked to perform functions in other areas of the medical office. Minimum Requirements:
- Medical Assistant certification required.
- Previous medical back office experience.
- Knowledge and experience in electronic medical records preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- General nursing duties to include vital signs, charting, set up ECG,venipuncture, splinting and dressing wounds.
- High school diploma or GED MemorialCare Medical Group is a physician-based organization established to provide advanced comprehensive, effective and efficient health care. With over 30 locations from Long Beach to Dana Point, MemorialCare Medical Group includes more than 250 physicians in the areas of internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatric medicine, cardiology, cardio thoracic surgery, gastroenterology, neurology, pulmonology, psychiatry, psychology, rheumatology, sleep medicine and therapeutic acupuncture.In addition to multiple locations throughout Orange County, MemorialCare Medical Group offers Urgent Care Centers that are open 365 days-a-year, Telephone Advice Nurses available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week; and lab and digital X-ray services available on-site at most locations.
Keywords: MemorialCare Health System, Los Angeles , Back Office Assistant II - FT/Variable (8hr), Administration, Clerical , Costa Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!