Administrative Assistant 4 yr Exp - Administrative
Company: Ampcus Incorporated
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager and Directors,
the Supervisor AA III Facilitator is responsible for completing a
variety of administrative activities for the patients, families and
providers in the Bowyer Clinic and Treatment Area. They function as
an essential member of the patient care team. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, scheduling Clinic appointments,
chemotherapy sessions, and related ancillary tests. In addition,
the Supervisor AA III Facilitator works directly with patients,
families and Providers to provide information and the completed
documentation necessary to assure quality care. The Supervisor
AAIII Facilitator will serve as the lead facilitator for their
respected teams, triage issues, assigning work, auditing
workqueues, improving performance through job training and other
education opportunities and work with the practice manager to
resolve patient complaints.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Moderate supervision is required. Goals are reviewed, on a regular
basis, with the Practice Manager and Directors.
Duties and Tasks
- Completes the scheduling of physician appointments,
chemotherapy treatments (if applicable), and ancillary testing
accurately and in a timely manner
- Responds to patient phone calls by the end of each day, sharing
information and/or updating patient re the status of their question
- Completes Check In and Check Out responsibilities (if
- Reviews and interprets insurance eligibility and authorization
information accurately and completes responsibilities correctly
based on this information
- Obtains authorizations for Clinic and treatment appointments
and ancillary testing in a timely manner
- Consistently provides information re appointments, testing, pre
operative instruction (if applicable), ancillary test preparation,
to patients, families and Providers in a clear concise
- Consistently completes work queue workload in order to assure
timely appointment and ancillary scheduling
- Works with the Provider to accurately complete leave of absence
forms, disability forms, Jury Duty absence, Specialty Drug forms,
return to work documents, Medical Records requests, and provides
these to patients in a timely manner (if applicable)
- Coordinates the medical record acquisition and scheduling of
new patient consultations (if applicable)
- Accurately completes Genetics screening tool and coordinates
scheduling of Cancer genetic counseling appointments (if
- Provides support to specific Facilitator team, coordinating
patient and Provider schedule and patient call follow up
- Assists with the orientation and cross training of new
- Provides coverage for Clinic administrative staff as
- Consistently utilizes critical thinking skills in order to work
through complex patient care and administrative issues
- Consistently takes the initiative to complete all
responsibilities to enhance skill and knowledge base
- Functions as a knowledgeable, supportive colleague, utilizing
clear, respectful communication skills at all times with patients,
families and colleagues
- Communicates effectively with clinic Manager and Co-Directors
regarding clinical and administrative issues, providing potential
solutions to problems as needed
- Serve as lead for the front office and administrative staff,
assigning work, maintaining job standards, improving performance
through job training and other education opportunities. Resolve
patient problems and complaints/issues.
- Escalate personnel issues requiring disciplinary actions to the
- Monitor and assess workflow among administrative support staff,
resolving assignment conflicts.
- Maintain or revise procedures for administrative support team
and update as necessary. Review current systems and software for
functionality and ease of work and recommend changes to Manager for
- Recommend performance improvement initiatives to
- Anticipate and inform manager of administrative, personnel and
- Develop staff within the department by functioning as a role
model at all times, providing leadership that promotes enthusiasm,
teamwork and respect for patients, families and colleagues
- Encourage cooperation, teamwork and facilitate constructive
- Plan, prioritize and use effective time management
- Works directly with staff to mentor and assist with
troubleshooting complex patient/family care issues
- Reviews, analyzes and develops recommendations for changes in
work and information flow, communication processes and patient
UCLA C-I-CARE/Patient Experience Practices: MY COMMITMENT TO
- Observe and practice all the Service Standards listed in the
World Class Practices (which I have read and signed).
- Practice C-I-CARE when interacting with patients, their
families, visitors, or internal customers.
- Connect with the patient and family members by addressing them
as Mr./Ms., or by the name that they prefer.
- Introduce yourself and your role.
- Communicate what you are going to do, how long it is going to
take, and how it will impact the patient.
- Ask and anticipate patient and/or family needs, questions or
- Respond to patient and/or family questions and requests with
- Exit courteously and/or with an explanation of what will come
next (or when you will be back to check on them).
- Practice C-I-CARE phone etiquette during all phone
- Always exercise courtesy whenever patients, family members,
visitors and co-workers are present.
- Respect privacy and dignity of our patients, family members,
visitors and co-workers.
- Maintain professionalism in the presence of patients, their
families, visitors and co-workers
- Observe departmental Patient Experience plan, competencies and
- Act as a role model, verbally and behaviorally demonstrating
skill, enthusiasm, positive problem solving, commitment and loyalty
to the profession and the organization.
- Participate in positive problem solving by providing
suggestions and possible solutions to identified concerns/problems
in the work place.
- Comply with Health System Workplace Conduct Policy
- Engaging in disruptive behaviors that interfere with or prevent
normal work functions or compromise patient safety, including
passive or active behaviors will not be tolerated as stated in the
HS Workplace Conduct Policy.
- Comply with Health System Dress Code Policy and practices
INSTITUTIONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
- Comply with HIPAA and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures
as they apply to the job
- Comply with Department of Public Health (DPH), The Joint
Commission and other accreditation and regulatory agencies
- Adhere to all Hospital Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge and adherence to Infection Control and Environment of
Care Guidelines and Procedures as described in the annual education
- Adhere to current organizational Performance Improvement
- Participate in quality studies through data collection and
dashboard data collection
- Make recommendations and take actions to improve structure,
system or outcomes
Keywords: Ampcus Incorporated, Los Angeles , Administrative Assistant 4 yr Exp - Administrative, Administration, Clerical , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!