Front Office Director
Company: Hotel Figueroa
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
One of the longest-standing hotels in Downtown L . A . , Hotel
Figueroa recently completed a stunning restoration by award-winning
design agency Studio Collective. Hotel Figueroa's fierce spirit is
now matched with modern touches, all while respecting the
property's original footprint and Spanish Colonial design.
The hotel boasts 268 rooms and suites, five F&B outlets and a
landscaped courtyard featuring its iconic coffin-shaped pool. Hotel
Figueroa's vibrant arts program include s rotating art exhibits
showcasing the works of L . A . 's most compelling female artists -
an homage to its founding in 1926 as the largest project to have
been financed, owned and operated by women.
The Director of Front Office is responsible for ensuring the
operation of Guest Services, Valet, and Front Desk service in an
attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all
guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and
productivity, and developing managers and employees. This position
will also be a liaison to leased restaurant and retail operations
that are based in the hotel.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards,
letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and
efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all assigned personnel
according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and conduct all front-of-house interviews and follow
hiring procedures according to SOP's. Actively support Human
Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers are in
compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies
for Rooms division managers.
- Monitor completion of the Service Standards by Position Training
Checklists for hourly staff.
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms
- Tour rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and
- Ensure compliance effective training according to Highgate Hotel
- Attend daily and monthly meetings.
- Monitor and support Hyatt programs such as GEM and Gold
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit,
using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP's.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure
that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Coordinate major projects such as renovations, capital
expenditures, equipment change-overs, etc.
- Conduct weekly meeting, including a monthly financial review.
- Perform performance reviews according to SOP, and ensure that
managers are in compliance with the standards in their
administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and
ensure budgeted productivity.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of
their need areas.
- Prepare the Rooms Division annual budget, Communications and
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation Synergy MMS and ensure proper internal
and external follow up to requests.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Efficiently and professionally communicate with hotel staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and
the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is
knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and req
Keywords: Hotel Figueroa, Los Angeles , Front Office Director, Administration, Clerical , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!