Medical Assistant - Front Office Team Lead
Company: Family Care Specialists
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Front Office Team Lead will be responsible
for the day-to-day activities of the front office. The Front Office
Team Lead will carry-out her/his duties by adhering to the highest
standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest
of FCS, and fully supports the mission, vision, and values of FCS.
The Front Office Team Lead will have knowledge of health care
systems, and have demonstrated ability to interact, relate to, work
with, and support the activities of a diverse workforce. The Front
Office Team Lead will coordinate and manage the daily tasks of
assigned staff; and reports to the Front/Office Manager. The Front
Office Team lead will assist with the coordination of the White
Memorial Medical Center Family Residency program training and
education of its residents.
- Primary Areas of Responsibilities: Responsible for supervising
all front office staff involved with the timely processing of
patient appointments in the office, appointment scheduling,
checking in/out of patients, collection of fees, the logging of
patient encounters, balancing batches, taking phone messages, etc.
Delegation of authority as needed.
- Facilitates development of department mission, goals, policies
and procedures, budget and work standards.
- Responsible for daily supervision and administrative support
for front office personnel.
- Supervision of maintenance day to day front office operations
including providing front office specialist job functions as
- May assist with timely open of provider schedules and templates
- Assists with front office personnel schedule in order to ensure
office needs are met.
- May be requested to conduct inventory or office supplies and
order as needed.
- Assists manager with selections, training, monitoring and
evaluates departmental staff.
- Maintains positive customer servicing relations and resolves
problems related to office services or concerns from patients.
- May assists with evaluations and counseling actions for front
office staff. As well in selection of front office staff.
- Assists manager with review and approve payroll time cards in a
- Responsible for ensuring that the staff is properly informed of
office policies and procedures.
- Reviews petty cash for accuracy and reviews cashiers' money
envelope for accuracy. Assist with daily bank deposits.
- Supervision of the process of verifying patient's
- Supervision of the verification of patient eligibility and
- Should have knowledge of the authorization process.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned for the function of
the front office.
- Other Duties and Requirements
- Cheerfully with a smile greets and registers incoming patients
and visitors in a prompt and pleasant manner, determines their
needs and responds accordingly.
- Maintenance continuity with primary care team with an emphasis
as well as balancing patient's acute needs.
- Communicates necessary messages to care team(s).
- Notes messages following guideline related to timeliness and
accuracy and processes appropriately.
- Performs as an advocate by answering patient inquires either in
person or on the telephone within the limits of his/her knowledge
and medical practice policies.
- Actively participates in Care Teams.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Attends and participates in continued education and training
sessions as assigned.
- Qualifications and Ability to:
- Make a great first impression and sustain it; answer multiline
telephones and operate a 10-key adding machine by touch.
- Operate or learn to operate automated systems, computers and
facsimile machines; Proficient in Microsoft Systems, electronic
medical records software preferred.
- Adhere to protecting confidential, sensitive and Protected
Health Information (PHI) according to HIPAA requirements and
Company policy. Employ tact, holds in confidence all personal and
professional matters coming to their knowledge from patients,
relatives, and the health care team.
- Diplomacy and compassion with all types of people; communicate
well irrespective of the medium, exhibit strong interpersonal
skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with persons working in
their position must maintain organizes and accurate records.
- Exercise team coordination skills; serve as patient advocate;
understand and enforce the financial policy of the practice and
recognize and correct costly date capture errors.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
- Knowledge of medical insurance requirements for the delivery of
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Abilities to work in a multi-task environment.
- Sort, file and scan materials accurately in alphabetic and/or
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Ability to communicate clearly
and concisely in English and Spanish.
- Education/Certification:High school diploma or GED equivalent,
certification/diploma from an accredited medical receptionist
program, college and/or medical coder preferred. Higher education
diploma/certificate in Health Care Management preferred.
- Experience: Requires: 2-3 years' experience in a medical office
setting.Preferred: 3-5 years' experience in a medical office
- Scope of Complexity of Job DutiesThe position requires
multifunctional and have the ability to multi-task, they should
have strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of
medical terminology, insurance billing of patient accounts in
accordance with established protocols, in keeping with established
medical office. Ensures communication with tact and sensitivity
with patients, visitors, co-workers, and other medical office
- Environmental/Working Conditions: Combination of medical office
and exam/procedure room settings. Well-lighted, well-ventilated,
adequate space. Exposure to communicable diseases and other
conditions common to clinic setting.
- Physical/Mental Demands:Work may require hand dexterity for
telephone and office machine operation. Must be able to use
appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary patient
transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc. Varied
activities including sitting, walking, bending, reaching, lifting
up to 30 pounds of supplies, stooping. Requires eye-hand
coordination, finger dexterity.
Keywords: Family Care Specialists, Los Angeles , Medical Assistant - Front Office Team Lead, Administration, Clerical , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!