Company: Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Posting Number 00656
Position Number 4015
Under direct supervision of the Dean, and the Executive Assistant,
the Receptionist performs varied standard and advanced clerical
duties providing administrative support to the MMDSON .
- Handles inquiries (via phone, email, walk-in & online);
- Maintain a cordial and inviting atmosphere for students and the
public at the MMDSON front desk reception area.
- Type correspondence, reports, memorandum, and special projects
for the Dean and MMDSON as requested.
- Process department payment to vendors using electronic
financial system (Ex. Erequester)
- Compose letters and memorandum from dictation, verbal
direction, or from knowledge of University Policy or
- Receive, handle and transfer phone calls in a prompt and
- Take accurate messages and deliver them promptly.
- Prepare materials and collect information for departmental
meetings, conferences, and reports.
- Assists in coordinating special events.
- Collects and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains MMDSON general office supplies.
- Perform other related clerical and administrative support
- Regionally accredited Associates or Bachelor's degree in a
- Previous experience with student services preferred
- Three (3) years of experience or more working in higher
- PC literate with the ability to utilize the entire MS Office
platform, including Word, Excel.
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A background in customer service and basic knowledge of
coordinating and scheduling.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and excellent interpersonal and
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to learn new
procedures quickly, with accuracy and consistency in
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize so that deadlines are met
in a timely and accurate manner.
COVID -19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of
higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and
Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University
community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID -19 vaccinations for
all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited
exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has
been implemented consistent with federal and state law related to
medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for
disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will
be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and
Category Full Time
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Detail Information
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to
gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or
covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider
qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a
manner consistent with state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
Open Date 06/16/2022
Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active) Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hiring for the beginning of the summer semester - June 2022
Keywords: Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!