VC Tax Manager ($175k - $200k)
Company: Vaco Financial
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Our client is a high-profile investment firm based in Los
Angeles, with a $XB in AUM that focuses on the technology and
alternative investment sector. They are seeking a tax manager to
join their growing team that is a self-starter and an individual
who can assume ownership of significant pieces of the tax and
reporting function of their firm. This is an incredible opportunity
to accelerate your career and get your foot in the door with a
reputable VC / Alternative investment management firm.What you'll
- Working closely with our external tax preparers to plan,
execute and review federal and state tax returns, extensions, and
quarterly estimates for individuals, partnerships, corporations,
trusts and various other vehicles. These include: IRS forms 1040,
1065, 1120, 3520, 990-T and several others.
- This role will also cover tax planning and reporting for
complex foreign structures and the forms associated with that
reporting (IRS Forms 5471, 8865, 926, 8858 and 8621). This includes
information sourcing, compiling, and review.
- Preparing tax planning forecasting models to present to the SVP
of Finance and CFO.
- Assessing tax exposures and ensuring appropriate planning to
mitigate potential risks.
- Playing a key role in complex estate planning and administering
- Assist with preparation of tax elements of financial statements
and managing various budgets and forecasts (personal and business
- Work with the COO and other operations team members to assist
in managing the finance aspects of a variety of projects and
- Involvement in cash flow management, including debt financing
- Work closely with venture funds where we have material LP and
GP exposure to understand investment performance and growth at a
- Assist in evaluating and tracking investments from a financial,
tax and business perspective.What you'll need:
- 4-6 years of experience in a tax role, combination of national
tax firm experience (high net worth) and VC industry / early-stage
startup investing preferred.
- Individuals preferred with Masters of Taxation and / or
professional certification (CPA); Bachelor's degree in finance,
economics, or accounting / tax a must.
- Experience with Venture Capital industry and/or high net worth
individual a significant plus.
- Analytical skills and significant attention to detail; ability
to manage projects under tight deadlines.What's in it for you:
- Wide variety of perks including: fully paid health insurance,
daily lunches, gym reimbursement, generous 401k matching program
and company retreats
- Ability to work directly with executive leadership and have
visibility to upper-level management (CFO and SVP of Finance) -
Fast track to senior manager / director
- Competitive compensation + equity participation in each
investment within the active portfolio
Keywords: Vaco Financial, Los Angeles , VC Tax Manager ($175k - $200k), Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!