Supervisor, School-Based Program - Los Angeles, CA
Company: Planned Parenthood Action Fund Inc
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced
full-time Supervisor, School-Based Programwith excellent
communication and customer service skills to work in our Downtown
Los Angeles Headquarters office, as well as in Los Angeles County.
The Supervisor of School-Based Education Program represents PPLA in
school districts, largely LAUSD, and serves as a PPLA ambassador to
schools. The Supervisor facilitates the provision of sexuality
education in school classes, promoting PPLA's education model. The
Supervisor works independently to train and supervise four to five
educators and train staff educators as directed. The supervisor
works to ensure the program's compliance with PPLA's quality and
risk management standards. The Supervisor cultivates and maintains
relationships with principals, teachers and school coordinators and
leads classroom education by evaluating staff and submitting
evaluations to departmental leadership. This position also plays a
leadership role in the Wellbeing Center Project in regard to
classroom education.Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood
was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information
and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their
dreams. Founded 57+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is
one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services
in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA)
team works together to provide high-quality, affordable
reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los
Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded
individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their
community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.All employees of
PPLA are defined as Healthcare Workers by current Public Health
Orders and are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption must be submitted in
order to be eligible for employment consideration.Our Ideal
Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in public health,
education or social service setting.
- Ability to facilitate workshops in classrooms, after-school
settings and adult learner venues.
- Familiarity with PPLA Education Programs preferred.
- Commitment to sexuality education, gender equity and sexual
- Ability to work as a team member, be a team builder and utilize
team skills effectively.
- Ability to train students and professional effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and work respectfully within a diverse
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to meet Los Angeles County background check
requirements via Live Scan fingerprint clearance.
- Must supply documentation of completed negative TB screen
within 60 days prior to start.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and
evenings as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Los Angeles
- Reliable means of transportation for onsite and off-site
- If using a personal vehicle to drive for work purposes, a valid
CA driver license and current auto insurance in compliance with the
minimum requirements of CA vehicle code are required.About the
- Lead the implementation of sexuality education in schools.
- Train educators to provide classroom education on behalf of
- Monitor performance and provide feedback to PPLA education
staff and DPH educators.
- Supervise all aspects of the School-Based Education Program,
including scheduling, ensuring class coverage and quality
- Manage relationships and represent PPLA at schools.
- Manage and track the program budget.
- Train professionals and Teachers in sexuality education using
PPLA's model, as needed.
- Conduct agency-wide trainings (e.g. Cultural Competency at New
Hire Orientation), as needed.
- Conduct internal trainings for Teen Call Line staff and/or WBC
Clinical Staff, as needed.
- Coach and train DPH educators as part of the WBC project, as
- Lead the process of developing, editing and revising training
and school-based curricula as needed and directed by
- Provide monthly management reports and other reports as
required by PPLA leadership, foundations, and other PPLA
- Maintain necessary knowledge and skills to provide leadership
to programs, and staying current on recent studies on sexuality,
sexual health, PPLA services, teen pregnancy, contraception,
sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS, healthy relationships,
reproductive rights, as well as educational approaches to teens,
parents, and communities, including LGBT teens and
- Lead training for staff on education department database.
- Conduct training on sexual health topics for youth-serving
professionals, as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Associate
Director, Youth Education.Generous salary and benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- Hiring Range: $65,000 - $78,000 per year (Exempt)Compensation
Philosophy and Position Hiring Range:At Planned Parenthood Los
Angeles we continuously work towards our values of Justice, Equity,
Diversity, and Inclusion including with our compensation
philosophy. PPLA recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits
have significant impact on staff, so we are committed to ensuring
all positions are rooted in a description that identifies
competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications, and that
they are compensated equitably which takes into account both
internal organizational equity and market compensation data for
similar roles.Equal Employment Opportunity will be afforded to all
applicants and other covered persons without regard to protected
characteristics, including their perceived protected
characteristic. Protected categories include: race (including
traits historically associated with race, including but not limited
to, hair texture and protective hair styles such as, braids, locs,
and twists as examples but not exhaustive list), color, religion or
religious creed (including religious belief, observation, practice,
dress, and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding/chestfeeding,or related medical conditions),
reproductive health decision-making, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation,
veteran and/or military status (including past, current or
prospective service in the uniformed service), and any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local
law. PPLA will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in accordance with the requirements of Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood Action Fund Inc, Los Angeles , Supervisor, School-Based Program - Los Angeles, CA, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!