Account manager/customer service
MUST have some health care insurance experience
Also offer benefits (medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k).
They provide insurance primarily to universities (students) as well
as some businesses as well.
Employee benefits company that has been providing strategic benefit
solutions to a significant group of clients in both the corporate
and university sectors for over 25 years. Our University Services
Division specializes in the creative development, strategic
implementation and effective communication of benefit programs for
students and employees. Our Account Managers partner with our
clients as part of their human resources team to assist them with
the ever-changing world of employee benefits, bringing the client
all that is necessary to meet or exceed the client's goals
regarding their student or employee benefits program. We offer a
cohesive work environment that encourages personal growth,
professional development and team work, allowing our employees to
enhance their lives by working in a friendly and positive
atmosphere. Our employees are our best advertisement!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Account Manager
Position, University Services:
1. Initiates renewal process for existing University Services
clients and creates renewal strategy in conjunction with the
2. Analyzes and compares current exposures and develops renewal or
new business specifications for marketing.
3. Conducts marketing, negotiates rates, quotes and coverage for
competitiveness and accuracy.
4. Reviews and summarizes marketing results and preparation of
5. Finalizes proposals and presentations in coordination with
6. Reviews policies and contracts for accuracy.
7. Obtains and manages all necessary paperwork for implementation
of new client or renewal coverage.
8. Understands health insurance benefits thoroughly, including plan
designs, legislation governing plans and any emerging trends.
9. Makes client group presentations as needed.
" Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem
" Project Management - Develops project plans and communicates
changes and progress; completes projects on time and within budget
" Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; responds promptly to customer needs;
" Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; Responds well to questions; demonstrates
group presentation skills;
" Technical Skills - Comfortable with business technology as email,
word processing, Excel spreadsheets and presentation software;
" Written Communication - Writes clearly, effectively and
1. Four to five years of experience in employee and/or student
benefits account management or customer service, with a strong
knowledge of fully-insured medical plans, as well as ancillary
lines of coverage, as dental, vision, life and disability.
2. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent combination of education and
3. Valid California insurance license desired but not required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected