Sr Finance Auditor
Company: The Zenith Insurance Company
Location: Woodland Hills
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Plan and perform assigned audits of Company operations.
Determine compliance with Company, GAAP, legal, and regulatory
policies. Develop audit procedures and determine efficient use of
resources. Verify and analyze transactions, prepare working papers,
report findings, and develop appropriate solutions. Review work of
staff auditors as applicable. Perform special projects as required.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Plan, schedule, and perform and/or review assigned financial
and operational audits of various Company functions (including
evaluations of applicable information systems functions) to provide
all management levels, the Audit Committee, and the Board of
Directors with objective, independent analysis and
- Determine the direction and audit procedures to be used in
- Additionally, give input into planning overall annual audit
- Perform and/or review tests of compliance with Company, GAAP,
legal, and regulatory practices.
- Report audit findings and make recommendations for the
correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in
operations, and reductions in cost.
- Develop audit programs to ensure appropriate coverage of key
activities and information, prepare audit workpapers in accordance
with Internal Audit Department guidelines detailing the testing and
results of the review performed and develop recommendations and
alternatives for identified exposure areas to assist management in
developing appropriate actions and solutions.
- Provide instruction, guidance, and assistance to staff auditors
assisting in assigned areas, and advise management on performance
of assigned auditors.
- Communicate with all management levels, using tact and
diplomacy, to review audit results and to assist them in the
effective discharge of their responsibilities; offer relevant
suggestions on effectiveness of internal controls and efficiency of
operating procedures to management, thereby assisting them in
carrying out the stewardship responsibilities they bear.
- Perform general risk analysis of audit areas and activities;
read, interpret, and document department procedures for each
function reviewed; judgmentally analyze level of audit risk based
on materiality of dollar amounts and/or number of transactions,
liquidity of assets, and complexity of transactions.
- Assist independent auditors in their annual audit of company
financial statements to facilitate and reduce the costs of the
annual audit process.
- Participate in new system development and/or installation on an
advisory basis to assist in the development of efficient workflow
and effective controls; attend system development/testing meetings
and offer suggestions on ways to strengthen internal controls and
- Conduct follow-up audit reviews to determine whether
appropriate action was taken and desired results were achieved on
reported audit findings.
- Travel to Zenith offices located within and outside Woodland
Hills an average of 4-6 times per year to conduct audits and attend
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Requirements
- High School Diploma Or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree business, statistics, liberal arts degree or
equivalent combination of training/experience will be considered if
it involves statistical analysis, claims, information systems,
insurance operations, auditing, or finance required
- 3+ Years auditing, claims, systems, or other insurance-related
experience. CPA or CIA designation preferred. Preferred.
- Knowledge of auditing theory, techniques, and procedures,
computer operations (mainframe or PC/LAN), financial,
administrative and system controls, statistical methods, management
and organizational principles, and insurance operations as acquired
through experience and educational training.
- Demonstrated organizational skills as acquired through
experience such as establishing priorities and planning,
organizing, and scheduling audits to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical skills as acquired through experience
or education which involve the analysis and evaluation of complex
data and interpretation of contracts and regulations.
- Valid California driver's license in good standing. The
expected salary range for this position is -$100,312.62 -
$111,458.47. - Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience,
geographic location, and other job-related factors as permitted by
law. - Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability
or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative
at Zenith Insurance Company. #CB
Keywords: The Zenith Insurance Company, Los Angeles , Sr Finance Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Woodland Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...