Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Great opportunity for someone that has a passion working for a
non-profitThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Brenda HerbasAre you a fit?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us
your resume.Salary: $90,000 - $120,000 per yearA bit about us:We
are a California nonprofit religious corporation established in the
1950's.Why join us?
- We invests in our employees and provide an environment with a
focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good
stewards of the Church.
- We offer a generous benefits package, including health
insurance and paid time off.
- Great culture and working towards a great cause!Job Details
Must be local to the Los Angeles area as this role requires onsite
This position will work to determine the reliability of financial
information, ensure compliance with our policies, evaluate the
effectiveness and efficiency of processes, and to make sure sound
internal controls are in place and are being applied to protect the
nonprofit corporation.Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Licensed as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified
Internal Auditor) or related certifications such as CISA or CFE, or
substantial progress toward a relevant certification. Consideration
will be given to candidates willing and able to obtain professional
licensure/certification within 2 years of employment
- A college graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in
Accounting or Business Administration, or related field, or
- Three or more years of diversified experience in internal audit
or accounting, or investigations, or similar analytical fieldDuties
- Travel to various Archdiocesan parish/school locations in the
counties of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura to perform
internal audit reviews/projects.
- Provide administrative and project support to the Director of
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle requests in a
confidential manner; a significant amount of work and access is of
a confidential nature
- Prepares audit work-papers to document audit tests and
- Prepares written internal audit reports to be reviewed by the
Director of Internal Audit and shared with Archdiocesan leaders and
the Audit Committee.Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Has an appropriate understanding of GAAS, not-for-profit GAAP,
and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of
- Auditing (Standards) and the Code of Ethics developed by the
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Working knowledge of Catholic organizations.
- Operational audit, IT audit, or Cybersecurity assurance
- Experience workpaper management systems (i.e., TeamMate+,
- Experience in MS Excel Pivot Tables and Data Analytics
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks (parishes) and experience with
auditing other high-end accounting software (i.e., Serenic
- Ability to prepare engagement risk assessments, engagement
planning memorandum, workpapers, reports and memorandumsInterested
in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Los Angeles , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...