Company: Waste Management
Location: Sun Valley
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Location flexible; must be willing to commute to Sun Valley, CA for
initial training period. Hybrid position, will work in office 2-3
days a week. Open to candidates in Los Angeles County, Inland
Empire, or Orange County
I. Job Summary
Provides moderately advanced financial support and analysis to an
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Monitors key financial performance measures.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets moderately complex financial
and operating data for the assigned area. Such reporting, analysis
and interpretation may include cost analysis, market niche
reporting, profitability analysis, regional geographic performance
assessments, pricing analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis and any
other ad-hoc analysis of interest to management.
- Supports cost control initiatives within the assigned
- Conducts in-depth pricing and profitability analyses.
- Provides assistance as needed in preparing budgets and reviews.
Facilitates the preparation of budgets/forecasts for cost
- Performs moderately complex financial projects on an ad hoc
- Assists the corporate accounting function with matters related
to the annual audit, contract audits and income tax matters, as
required. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited), or equivalent
experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or
similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or
GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two to Three years of relevant work experience (in
addition to education). B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- None required. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- None required. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
Keywords: Waste Management, Los Angeles , Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Sun Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!