Company: Child Care Resource Center
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
DescriptionWork where your work matters. Work at CCRC.
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent,
driven by our mission to cultivate child, family and community
well-being. Whether the position works directly with the public or
supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission's
success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical
non-profit. We are 900+ people strong and growing!
Hiring range: $23.00-28.75 per hour.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Within a team environment, this position will perform the following
External Audit Coordination (50%)
- Tracks and alerts the Agency leadership, including CEO, COO,
Department Leadership, and Internal Audit Director, of upcoming
external audit and compliance reviews
- Sets up entrance and exit conferences with external auditors
- Liaisons between external entities and CCRC departments
regarding what information is being requested for external audits;
assists the audit process by acting as an intermediary between
auditors and auditees to facilitate communication and audit
- Assists to collect and track necessary data from various
departments for auditing purposes, for both internal and external
audits, as needed
- Assists management with the review and the response to audit
findings and recommendations
- Tracks implementation of audit recommendations
- Follows up on all outstanding external audit implementation
- Follows all relevant policies and procedures correctly to
ensure data security is maintained, including ensuring adequate
justification for any requests for Personally Identifiable
Information (PII) or Personal Health Information (PHI)
Internal Audit/ Risk Assessments (45%)
- Monitors and documents compliance of relevant contractual
provisions, adherence to Agency policies and other compliance
- Assists with the agency-wide risk assessments, including
facilitating meetings, taking meeting notes, assisting with
reports, tracking open to-do assignments, etc.
- Assists in the implementation of internal audit processes,
including following up on management responses, entering
information into the Risk Register, following up on all outstanding
audit and risk items, etc.
Non-Essential Duties And Responsibilities
These duties include tasks that are required and comprise less than
5% of daily functions for this job:
- Performs other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent
required. 2 years' minimum experience in compliance, risk, audit or
a related field, required.
- Professional/Technical Certifications: N/A
- Technical Requirements: Intermediate Excel, Word, and
- Bilingual Required: N/A
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Demonstrated ability to interface with others effectively and
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and strives to produce quality
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations and
- Self-motivated and able to complete projects on time, working
both independently and within a team.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Travel: This position may require the individual to travel
and/or drive to various off-site locations (up to 10% local travel
within Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties).
- Work Schedule: Full Time, M-F
- Work environment: The work environment; temperature, noise
level, inside or outside, or other factors that will affect the
person's working conditions while performing the job.
- Background & Health Clearance Requirements: n/a
All minimum requirements above met, plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or
equivalent degree preferred.
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefit offerings -Medical, Dental, Vision, and
Voluntary Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by
- Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b)
Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
- Generous Time Off Policy-Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and
Paid Winter Break
- Opportunities for learning and professional development,
including education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- 501(c) (3) designation-You can apply for Public Service Loan
We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We provide child
development and early education, workforce development
opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head Start
preschool and Early Head Start services and more for close to
50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in
Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the
entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in
Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square
Click here to learn more about CCRC!
Click here to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Child Care Resource Center, Los Angeles , Compliance Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!