Director Of Finance
Company: Warner Center Marriott
Location: Woodland Hills
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel,
safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
- Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or
requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
- Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide
accurate policy interpretations.
- Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff
- Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and
other financial data.
- Support and comply with property standards and Corporate
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit
- Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
- Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports
for each period.
- Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
- Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements,
covenants, and restrictions.
- Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing
with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
- Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the
annual operating budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget
according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
- Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI
- Complete entries required for preparation of the financial
statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make
corrections within the following period.
- Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of
current and potential financial problems.
- Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment
throughout the period.
- Coordinate the property's labor management system.
- Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to
standards regarding the average collection period.
- Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property
- Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local
- Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
- Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as
- Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper
credit extensions prior to arrival.
- Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related
to credit sales.
- Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management
responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
- Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI
Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of
SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
- Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
- Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts
using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
- Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset
categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food,
beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
- Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances
according to established realistic pars.
- Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
- Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for
- Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages
paid (increases and timing).
- Establish an effective cross training program within the
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
With a delightful mix of California atmosphere and city
convenience, the Warner Center Marriott is San Fernando Valley's
premier meeting destination. Ideally located in the Warner Center
Business Park, and just 2 blocks north from The Village, the Warner
Center Marriott blends business seamlessly with pleasure.Here at
the Warner Center Marriott our associates receive a free meal per
shift, free covered onsite parking garage, enjoy monthly Town Hall
Celebrations, chance to have a dialogue with the General Manager
via General Manager's Roundtable. In addition, you and your family
will enjoy the benefits of Marriott's discounted hotel room program
at all Marriott locations worldwide.We value U.S. military
experience and invite all qualified military candidates to
Keywords: Warner Center Marriott, Los Angeles , Director Of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Woodland Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!