Company: Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Cast is excited to announce the role of Staff Accountant to
perform and manage the day-to-day finance and accounting
operations. If you are looking to join a progressive and
mission-driven organization, look no further!
Cast is looking for a highly-skilled, detail-oriented Staff
Accountant who excels at multitasking. The Staff Accountant will
act as a point of contact between the different parts of the
accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts
receivable, and external parties, such as vendors, clients, or
lenders. They will handle bookkeeping, assist in preparing
financial reports, taxes, and audits, and resolving discrepancies.
This position is a hybrid position in Los Angeles, required to be
in the office twice a week and as needed.
Ongoing Transactional Support:
- Expenses/Accounts Payable: Processing accounts payable,
including reviewing for proper support and approval and identifying
and correcting any coding and classification errors. Enter invoices
into the accounting system. Maintain an aging sheet for outstanding
payables and follow up on outstanding invoices. Generate checks and
maintain an aging process to ensure timely payments.
- Revenues/Accounts Receivable: Maintain an aging sheet for
outstanding receivables; reconcile with donor database as
appropriate and investigate outstanding pledges. Process cash
receipts, bank deposits, petty cash transactions and bank
reconciliations. Code and input these transactions into the
- Processing payroll, as required.
- Work with staff to ensure proper coding of financial
General Ledger/Month-End Closing Support:
- Understand a complex chart of accounts and cost center matrix
and apply allocations between cost centers.
- Maintain the general ledger by creating, verifying, allocating,
and posting transactions. Review all items monthly and make
adjusting entries. Maintain chart of accounts. Maintain systems and
accounting procedures manual.
- Reconcile and enter credit card transactions; reconcile revenue
coding with donor database; review the general ledger to verify
- Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Enter monthly payroll, benefits and other journal entries;
track and update paid time off.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly
- Assist with the annual audit and preparation of tax
- Ensure compliance with government agencies, including state
registration process. Work with the agency's contracted financial
team to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal
and donor requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or
- 3-5 years of relevant experience needed; nonprofit accounting
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Understanding of Form 990 and other federal and state tax
- Knowledge of accrual basis accounting and basic accounting
debits and credits
- Knowledge of private foundations and government grants
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (or similar accounting software)
required; ability to acquire skills to operate within different
accounting platforms as required
- 10-key data entry
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skill in communicating technical and financial information to
management and other staff
- Strong work ethic
- Professional attitude; service-oriented, friendly, positive
approach and team-oriented
Salary is commensurate with experience. The benefits package
includes medical, life, disability, sick/vacation leave, and a
403(b) plan. Opportunity to work with a team of committed
individuals, be supported, and be given every chance to
Applicants for this position should submit their cover letter and
resume via our online portal. Due to the high volume of resumes
received, only candidate to meet the requirements stated above will
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Cast requires all employees,
interns, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Proof of
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees upon their start
date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or
sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for
reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we
are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to
the organization pursuant to applicable law.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after
receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna)
or one dose of a single-dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson)
CAST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The Coalition to Abolish
Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities.
Keywords: Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST), Los Angeles , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!