Company: The Fundworks LLC
Location: Van Nuys
Posted on: January 17, 2022
The Fundworks, LLC is a provider of alternative financing to small
businesses and merchants, focusing on both healthy and challenged
companies. We ourselves are a team of entrepreneurs who have spent
our careers growing small entrepreneur and family-owned companies.
We are looking for the right individual to join our team, who is
ready to learn and use their skills and experience to add value to
our ever-growing company.
The Fundworks is looking to hire an enthusiastic Collections
Specialist to recover late payments on our accounts. You will
review customer's accounts in our database and interview them to
establish their financial resources. Based on this you will
establish their ability to pay debts, you will ask customers
probing questions over the phone to better understand payment
objections and use your ability to multitask by typing notes
To ensure success you need to be up to date with all laws,
regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the collections
industry, and approach customers with tact. Top candidates will be
articulate and have strong critical-thinking and listening
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Contact customers to resolve missed payments
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Confirming customer's information and payment agreements.
- Informing management regarding effectiveness of strategies for
- Using various skip tracing methods to locate customers.
- Interviewing customers telephonically to establish their
ability to pay debt.
- Overcoming stall tactics and objections and suggesting sources
of money for debt payments.
- Encouraging customers to utilize payment options offered to
- Ensuring ACH requests are processed correctly.
- Negotiating settlements if applicable.
- Alert management of customers unwilling or unable to pay when
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Handle questions or complaints
- Create trust relationships with customers when possible to
avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly, make detailed
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, policies and
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Previous work experience in customer service, sales,
collections or related field.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking
- Excellent knowledge of collection processes.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and people
- Outstanding phone etiquette.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient mathematical skills.
- Resilient with impolite customers.
- Proven experience as debt collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- hourly rate negotiable, based on experience
Benefits And Perks
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance,
401K, performance bonus, paid time off, sick days and paid
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer
Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a
California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please
visit for a description of those rights and how California
residents may exercise them.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: The Fundworks LLC, Los Angeles , Collections Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Van Nuys, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!