Senior Associate, Portfolio Accounting
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 17, 2022
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston, and New
York, Aristotle is a family of employee-owned investment management
firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies.
Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals
through a culture focused on research, investment management, and
Aristotle's experienced corporate leadership team oversees a
centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct
teams of investment professionals are able to focus on what they do
best-adding value to client portfolios. The company's support
infrastructure includes shared services such as finance/accounting,
compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing,
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our
The Portfolio Accounting Senior Associate will be responsible for
maintaining the internal books and records for various Mutual
Funds, Collective Investment Trusts, Sub-Advised funds, and
Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs). This role may be based out of
Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston, New York or San Francisco/Bay
Area depending on candidate's preference.This position will report
to the Portfolio Accounting Assistant Vice President.
What You Will Do:
- Performing daily portfolio administration tasks which include
but not limited to reconciliation, corporate action, and trade data
review of external parties
- Ensure funds are being accounted for pursuant to the governing
- Maintain Aristotle's internal books and records across all
Mutual Funds, Collective Investment Trusts, Sub-Advised Accounts,
and Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs).
- Ensure subscription and redemption activities are post
correctly to system and proper communication to interested
- Calculation of management and performance fees. Estimate and
post monthly closing accruals.
- Monthly reconciliation of Financial Statement accounts to
Custodian Bank and/or Third Party Administrator(s).
- Work with Ops to identify funding requirements and overdrafts
to ensure cash availability with custodian banks to ensure
settlement of executed trades.
- Determine and prepare distributions and draw-downs as
- Coordinate with funds' independent auditors, custodians, prime
brokers, and fund administrators.
- Support Portfolio Accountant Manager with ongoing oversight of
Aristotle's Fund Administrators and Custodians.
- Liaise with performance team as needed to review performance
returns for clients.
- Help document new procedures, keep all team procedures up to
- Participate in projects as needed.
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years of portfolio accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Geneva and/or SS&C Recon is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge. Experience with Excel macro is a
- Solid knowledge of corporate actions
- Strong knowledge of performance and understanding of how
transactions booked impact performance
- Mutual Fund, Collective Investment Trust knowledge
- Prior experience with various products including domestic and
international equities, fixed income, bank loans, FX, and
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Highly analytical, data-driven, and detail-oriented
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as
manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/challenging
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and
- Hands-on, resourceful, and a doer. Able to work autonomously
but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
What We Have to Offer
- A supportive, collaborative work environment with exceptional
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off, including annual Employee Volunteer Day
- Various Company events throughout the year
Is Aristotle Right for You? We are looking for exceptional
individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone
who will contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate
would not limit their contribution to the provided job description
but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to
improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of
a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a
dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
The above description identifies the essential job functions and
skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position.
These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete
and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at
the company's discretion. Aristotle is an Equal Employment
Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC,
Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC
are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment
adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of
1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of
skill or training. More information about each adviser including
the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in
their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.
Keywords: Aristotle, Los Angeles , Senior Associate, Portfolio Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!