Company: AVATCO LIMITED
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:We are seeking an experienced accounting and
finance executive for the overall management of corporate financial
activities including budgeting, financial reporting, audit, and
banking relationships with companies in Wholesale, E-Commerce and
Real Estate. The position reports to the President-CEO to develop
and implement strategies across the organization. Familiarity with
various federal, state, and local taxation agencies and their
various reporting requirements is critical. While high level
accounting and financial acumen is a must, the position at times,
due to a small staff, requires the CFO to assist with basic
hands-on accounting tasks.POSITIONS SUPERVISED:
- 1 Direct report Senior Accountant
- Staff of 6ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Accounting and Finance
- Manages all accounting activities, including accounting
software and accounting personnel.
- Conducts periodic analysis related to overall corporate
- Prepares monthly financial statements and related financial
reporting for overall corporate activity.
- Provides financial reports and financial forecasts for
- Prepares annual budget and financial forecasts
- Manages annual audits and the filing of tax returns with a
- Is responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local
corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Institutes and maintains appropriate financial procedures and
- Documents and optimizes key accounting processes.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with Banks, Auditors and
- Performs other related duties as required.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
- Working knowledge of business strategy development and
strategic management techniques.
- Ability to work with CEO and Board of Directors in applying
fiscal duties to company strategic vision.
- Ability to work as a strategic collaborator in developing as
complete a picture of business performance and needs.
- Ability to take company fiscal reports and information and work
with external funders and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with analytics, manage risk and engage in
- Excellent skill in the use of a personal computer and software
programs to record accounting activity, manage accounting
transactions, produce periodic reports, etc.
- Must be highly skilled with general computing skills and spread
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong organizational skills required to maintain accounting
records for several corporations
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to provide leadership to motivate and manage
- Ability to monitor and understand technology trends and tap the
knowledge of related experts
- Serve as a tech champion, being a steward of new technology and
process adoption for gained efficiencies and to enhance
- 5 years' experience as a finance management professional
managing a staff of 5+
- Significant experience dealing with banks an auditors
- Experience with Property Management preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- CPA and/or MBA preferredBehavioral Competencies:This position
requires the incumbent to exhibit the following behavioral
- Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues
aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for
results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues
to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition
- Effective Communication: Ensures important information is
passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information
clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates
attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and
questions of others; and listens effectively. Able to work with
onsite staff and remote staff
- Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of
conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible and willing
to roll up their sleeves and help the staff.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's
efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team
building exercises and events
Keywords: AVATCO LIMITED, Los Angeles , Finance Executive, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!