Senior Producer (Freelance)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Senior Producer (Freelance)
Kyra is a generation-z media company, creating original programming
across digital platforms (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Spotify) and
working with some of the biggest breakout social media creators in
We're looking for a motivated Senior Producer who is passionate
about creating world class content for a Gen-Z audience. This is a
Los Angeles based role (remote working), with the future potential
for domestic travel, working across our Talent roster and White
This role is offered on a contractor / freelance basis with the
potential to go permanent in the future.
OverviewThe Senior Producer will report into the Head of Production
and will work closely with the Sales and Creative,Talent, Legal and
Finance teams. Bringing creative execution to our varied slate of
Editorial and Branded Content, you will be responsible for
overseeing the production of videos, stills and creative assets
from ideation to delivery with a keen eye on budgets, schedules and
You should have a background in Production, ideally with experience
in both Agency and line producing. You should be able to work
independently and make sound decisions based on experience. You'll
need to be comfortable commissioning content and managing small
freelance teams, as well as heading up large projects. This is a
varied role and producing budgets and budget reconciliation is a
- Develop timelines, budgets and project plans for assigned
- Produce assigned projects from ideation to delivery, ensuring
budgets and timelines are adhered to.
- Booking freelance crew/production companies, overseeing their
work and ensuring they remain on track and to budget.
- Liaise closely with the Creative teams to ensure assets are
quality controlled, delivered on time and to brief.
- Liaise with the Talent Managers on Talent calendars and ensure
their Editorial needs are met.
- Manage client relationships, attending client meetings as
- Be responsible for the contractual and rights elements of each
project - I.E. director agreements, commissioning agreements and
third party rights such as music and locations.
- Review and optimise Editorial/Talent workflows to improve
- Internal budget management, liaising with the finance
department to process invoices, ensure timely payments and flag any
financial issues. External budget management, ensuring you are
presenting costs to Clients in a timely manner.
- Coordinating all production updates and documents required for
clients, Talent and third parties where appropriate.
- Assist the Sales team with pitches and budget proposals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with freelancers, production
companies, post production houses, studios and filmmakers
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum of 5 years in commercial or digital video & stills
- Previous experience in a creative environment such as an
agency, studio or publisher is essential.
- Ability to oversee productions, interrogate budgets and
- In-depth knowledge of legal agreements with contracting.
- A solutions focussed approach and team player with a
collaborative working style.
- Passion for and deep knowledge of youth culture, music, sport,
fashion and trends.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing high profile clients and talent in multiple
states or countries.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects calmly and
- Management of budgets, from micro through to 6 figures.
- Thrive in fast paced environments and be able to work to strict
Kyra is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to making
Kyra a beacon of diversity and inclusivity, working together and
alongside our industry-peers to create a better, fairer and more
representative entertainment industry, both on and off screen. We
encourage applications from candidates of all abilities and
backgrounds. Kyra does not discriminate on the basis of race,
national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally
Keywords: Kyra, Los Angeles , Senior Producer (Freelance), Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!