Real Estate Senior Underwriter
Company: Logix Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Real Estate Senior Underwriter provides a careful analysis
of loans accepted for processing by the credit union and ensures
loans meet the guidelines established by LFCU as well as meeting
federal and state regulations. Also provides training and guidance
to real estate loan personnel to ensure their continued growth and
development for the benefit of the credit union and the employee.
Must also provide the highest level of quality service to both
members and coworkers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes, approves or denies loan applications based on
applicable investor guidelines, Private Mortgage Insurance
guidelines, and property guidelines and LFCU programs within
prospective lending limits.
- Analyzes appraisal reports to ensure sound valuation
- Analyzes property cash flow statements to determine actual and
potential cash flow.
- Analyzes business tax returns, credit reports, and financial
statements to determine cash flow, profitability, business value,
and sound borrower accounting and reporting practices.
- Analyzes personal tax returns, personal financial statements,
and consumer credit reports to determine borrower's financial
ability and likelihood to pay.
- Analyzes loan applications based on applicable credit and
property guidelines and program profiles.
- Reviews preliminary title policies, environmental reports, and
- Demonstrates knowledge of Consumer Financial Protection
Bureau's Ability to Repay Regulations, Qualified and Non-Qualified
- Demonstrates knowledge of investor/secondary market
- Recommends loans for final loan approval; stipulates for any
"prior-to-documents or funding" conditions. Presents and recommends
loans for approval to the Underwriting Manager and/or Senior Loan
Committee as required.
- Explains reasons for denied and/or marginal loans and explores
options with Loan Officer / Manager.
- Systematically enters and processes denied, cancelled and
withdrawn loan applications. Responsible for mailing notices to
- Answer calls from the real estate underwriting hotline and
respond to branch inquiries, assist with guidelines and program
- Supports the Credit Unions commitment to delivering exceptional
customer service as demonstrated through our shared values and
- Assists in achieving the departments NPS turn time goals.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) or equivalent with an emphasis in
finance or real estate; or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum 5 years of experience in real estate lending and
underwriting to FNMA/FHLMC guidelines and a working knowledge of
the Microsoft suite of office products. Experience with automated
lending systems is a plus.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and
responsibility for one's actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and
ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for
the needs of one's customers and by being friendly, professional
and following through on commitments;
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave
one's ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on
the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status,
or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Logix Federal Credit Union, Los Angeles , Real Estate Senior Underwriter, Accounting, Auditing , Valencia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!