Credit Executive - Financial Sponsors - Director
Company: MUFG (DBA)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Credit Executive - Financial Sponsors - Director
- Requisition # 10046431-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Location Los Angeles, California
- Date Posted 11/03/2021 Your potential. Your opportunity. Are
you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients' best
interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to
understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're part
of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's
most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a
culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your
potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and
creating results is rewarded. Some MUFG roles require that
individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be
selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional
information. Job Summary: Structure, underwrite and manage a
portfolio of Private Equity-owned commercial client credit
relationships within Commercial Banking 's Specialized Industries
Group. Expand and deepen the client relationship with new credit
commitments to both existing and prospective clients and by
cross-selling bank products and services. Major Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for underwriting, structuring and
completing all approval requests.
- Initiate and ensure completion of all required loan documents
- Conduct ongoing credit monitoring to ensure highest credit
quality of assigned portfolio.
- Recognize / communicate potential credit quality issues within
- Work as part of a team to deliver both credit products and
non-credit services to clients and prospects.
- Call regularly on existing clients to obtain information that
supports borrowers risk profile and obtains information necessary
for effective credit monitoring.
- May be assigned to work with clients who have a higher risk
profile or are in a turnaround situation. Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with PE firms
related to credit.
- May act as the sole point of contact for certain clients.
- In these relationships, CE will be responsible for both
underwriting and marketing functions related to such clients.
- May work as the underwriting officer on syndicated credits
where bank is the agent. Identify cross-selling opportunities to
meet income generation goals.
- Responsible for increasing NOI of existing customers on an
annual basis as well as cross selling additional products and
services to those clients. Risk Management:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and is sensitive to the current
- Adhere to the bank's Risk Vision, and risk management policies
- Recognize and proactively address risk (including but not
limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money
laundering, consumer compliance, fair lending, fiduciary
responsibilities, and privacy)
- Identify and appropriately manage risks.
- Ensure top quality data input in all bank systems such as AFS,
ESB, RACER, TOPS, RA, etc. Additional Information:
- Typically requires 10+ years of commercial lending experience
including credit portfolio management and client calling
- Typically requires a BA, BS, or equivalent work
- Experience working with syndicated o multi-bank credit
- Experience with leveraged transaction structures
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, negotiate and manage corporate
- Proficiency in relevant PC skills including Word, RA, Excel,
PowerPoint, Email, and Internet access. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of
personnel so classified. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to
create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
category. Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or
religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by
applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview,
your recruiter will provide additional information.
Keywords: MUFG (DBA), Los Angeles , Credit Executive - Financial Sponsors - Director, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!