Company: CTI Education Group
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description - Principal Accountant (21006603) Requisition ID
: 21006603 Location US Citizenship Required for this Position : Yes
Relocation Assistance : No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type : None Shift : 1st Shift Travel : Yes, 10 % of the
Time Job Posting Category : Business Management Description Embark
on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and
ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities
waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration,
national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple
programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of
curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible
from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect
millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future.
Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman
is seeking a Principal Accountant to report to the Manager of
Accounting. The selected individual will play a key role in
supporting the Manager with billing activities and will work with
their team to ensure strong processes and controls are in place and
will provide value added services to our partner sectors. This
position will be located at in El Segundo, California. Roles and
responsibilities of the Associate Accountant will include (but not
be limited to) the following:
- Applying principles of accounting to compile and analyze
financial information to prepare Government and Commercial billings
(Cost Type, Time and Material, Firm Fixed Price Progress Payments,
Milestones, and Performance Based Payments).
- Preparation, review and submission of highly complex customer
- Reviewing customer billings prepared by staff for compliance of
contract terms and conditions and established department policies
- Maintaining and overseeing collection of aged billed
- Miscellaneous accounts receivable reporting and resolution of
- Analyzing unbilled balances.
- Supporting monthly cash collection and forecasting goals.
- Interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Supporting banking and treasury requirements.
- Supporting DCAA incurred costs and billing audits.
- Special projects as needed. As a full-time employee of Northrop
Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts This position's standard work schedule is a
9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day
Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with 6+ years
of relevant experience - OR - a Master's degree as stated above
with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - specifically high level Excel
skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and
conditional formatting, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance. US citizenship
- SAP One Source and Business Warehouse (BW) expertise.
- Familiarity with GAAP, FAR, CAS, IFRSr.
- Professional experience in a regulated industry: to include
Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, and
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. What's great about
Northrop Grumman Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual
curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to
work. Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech
solutions that protect the world and shape a better future. Enjoy
benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time
off. Did you know? Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible
scheduling options, plus generous paid time off. Indeed named
Northrop Grumman a top 15 company for work/life balance in 2019. We
were rated #1 by Millennials on Indeed as the Best Company to work
for in 2018. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay
Transparency statement, please visit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Los Angeles , Principal Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!