Real Estate Portfolio Manager - AVP
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MUFG is committed to the safety and well-being of our
colleagues, clients, candidates, and the community as we manage the
current COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, as we continue to
recruit and hire exceptional talent to join our team, we are taking
the necessary precautions to limit in-person contact, aligned with
Federal, State, and local health recommendations and requirements.
All interviews are being conducted remotely via Skype, FaceTime, or
phone. Additionally, we have implemented remote on-boarding for new
colleagues, as appropriate. Thank you for your interest in
exploring career opportunities with MUFG. Are you passionate about
creating an exceptional client experience? Discover your
opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ
Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the
world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to
our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on
more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct
needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 180,000 colleagues
around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial
group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and
empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where
being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded. Job
Summary: Manage a portfolio of Regional REI client credit
relationships. Assist in underwriting, structuring, and producing
financial and market analysis as a critical part of the asset
generation process for the delivery of credit products and services
to customers and prospects.
Management or Supervision: No
Portfolio Management (40-60%):
- Primary responsibility is to conduct ongoing credit monitoring
to ensure highest credit quality of assigned portfolio.
- Recognize and communicate potential credit quality issues
within the Bank.
- Work as part of a team to deliver both credit products and
non-credit services to clients and prospects.
- Call regularly on existing clients to obtain information that
supports borrowers risk profile and obtains information necessary
for effective credit monitoring.
- May be assigned to work with clients who have a higher risk
profile or are in a turnaround situation.
- Ensure top quality data input in all Bank Systems.
- Assist in underwriting, structuring and completing all final
approval requests as well as ensure loan is properly documented and
closed via final credit approval.
- Must have experience in wide array of commercial real estate
related credit products to include construction, bridge, and
- Assist relationship manager in working with clients to present
solutions to short and long-term strategic objectives which may
include, but not limited to, commercial real estate debt offerings.
Relationship Management (
- May act as the sole point of contact for certain clients.
- In these relationships, PM will be responsible for both
underwriting and marketing functions related to such clients.
- May work as the underwriting officer on syndicated credits
where Bank is the agent.
- Assist--marketing--team--to identify cross-selling
opportunities to meet the Division's income generation goals.
- Responsible for increasing NOI of existing customers on an
annual basis as well as cross selling additional products and
services to those clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and is sensitive to the current
- Adhere to the Bank's risk vision, and risk management policies
- Recognize and proactively address risk (including but not
limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money
laundering, consumer compliance, fair lending, fiduciary
responsibilities, and privacy)
- Identify and appropriately manage risks.
- Cooperate with internal and external bank audits including
interfacing with marketing team, credit administration, and field
auditors to obtain necessary loan and sponsor information.
- Completion and proficiency in all Bank required ongoing
training and certifications. Experience and Education:
- Must have experience in wide array of commercial and commercial
real estate related credit products to include construction,
bridge, and permanent loans.
- Normally requires 3-5 years commercial real estate banking
experience or equivalent real estate related industry.
- Proven basic fundamental real estate analytic skills.
Understanding of credit underwriting, structuring skills and
banking/capital markets products.
- Results oriented.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills (both internal and
- College degree or equivalent professional experience. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to
leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of
our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the
basis of any protected category. A conviction is not an absolute
bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence
of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness
are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the
bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history
after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from
employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a
pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. We are committed to
ensuring that our online application process provides an equal
employment opportunity to all applicants, including individuals
with disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability, or
are assisting an applicant with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-866-275-4717 or
email us at AskHR@us.mufg.jp . Include your contact information and
specific details about your requested accommodation. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and
experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our
colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment
decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, Los Angeles , Real Estate Portfolio Manager - AVP, Accounting, Auditing , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!